Options

Replies

• pecksun8
    Options
    mmm..beans:tongue:
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    For anyone who's mouth was watering following this topic.

This is a Weight Watcher Receipe, I haven't calculated the calories, but it's very light. I'm planning to stick it in the crock pot on Friday, so I don't get tempted to go out when I'm tired on Friday night. I'm making it with Soy Crumbles though. This probably isn't going to appeal to anyone who actually got passionate about this subject.

One Point Hearty Chili

10 oz. Extra lean ground turkey
    1 medium onion, diced
    2 (28 oz) cans diced tomatoes
    1 medium zucchini, diced
    2 medium yellow squash, diced
    1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    2 (15 oz) cans fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
    4 celery stalks, diced
    2 green bell peppers, diced
    1 (1 ¼oz) package dry chili seasoning

1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over a medium-high heat. Add the turkey and onion and saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
    2. Transfer the browned turkey and onion mixture to a large soup pot and add the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, beans, broth, celery, bell peppers, and chili seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.

Serving size: 1 cup =1 point
    or
    CORE

Throw in some chipotle and adobo, maybe a chinese insanity pepper or three, and we might be on to something here....
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

This is a Weight Watcher Receipe, I haven't calculated the calories, but it's very light. I'm planning to stick it in the crock pot on Friday, so I don't get tempted to go out when I'm tired on Friday night. I'm making it with Soy Crumbles though. This probably isn't going to appeal to anyone who actually got passionate about this subject.

One Point Hearty Chili

1 medium onion, diced
    1 medium zucchini, diced
    4 celery stalks, diced

1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over a medium-high heat. Add the turkey and onion and saute until browned, about 5 minutes.
    2. Transfer the browned turkey and onion mixture to a large soup pot and add the tomatoes, zucchini, squash, beans, broth, celery, bell peppers, and chili seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.

or
    CORE

Throw in some chipotle and adobo, maybe a chinese insanity pepper or three, and we might be on to something here....

burn_mouth.jpg

Gotta be able to taste my food.
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    Options

One Point Hearty Chili

1 medium onion, diced
    1 medium zucchini, diced
    4 celery stalks, diced

or
    CORE

burn_mouth.jpg

That's the beauty of it, that's all kinds of taste, just all in variable states of hot and spicy
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options

One Point Hearty Chili

1 medium onion, diced
    1 medium zucchini, diced
    4 celery stalks, diced

or
    CORE

burn_mouth.jpg

That's the beauty of it, that's all kinds of taste, just all in variable states of hot and spicy
    OK Jeremy - they didn't have me 'till you added the hot and spicy side. YUM :blushing:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

One Point Hearty Chili

1 medium onion, diced
    1 medium zucchini, diced
    4 celery stalks, diced

or
    CORE

burn_mouth.jpg

OK Jeremy - they didn't have me 'till you added the hot and spicy side. YUM :blushing:

Well... OK, but.... to make it truly Up North Supreme Chili, ya GOTTA use corned, shredded venison, from a deer that you shot and processed yourself!

p30893b.jpg
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Seems like this thread is really about the love of beans.

No bean compares to the mighty Pinto.

Put two pounds in the crock pot at 10:00 PM. Add garlic, onion, pepper, toss in a few whole serrano's, and other spices. Cook all night. Wake to the most incredible scents in the morning.

A bowl or two with cup of hot coffee.

Ahhhh!

Only once since I started paying more attention to what goes down my pipes. Dam this healthier lifestyle!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I'm just a northerner so I don't pretend to know my chili, but almost every one I've had has had beens. And I'm happier for it.
    On a side note, as Yankee as I am, I LOVE my hot stuff. The hotter the better. If I could eat that insainity pepper from the Simpsons, I would (plus that trip looked pretty cool). My buddy's dad sent us a bottle of thai oil (dunno which kind) that basically stripped the taste buds off our tounge, I couldn't taste for like 3 days after that. IT WAS AWESOME. I used to love Texas Champagne, that is waaay hotter then tobasco (like a walk in the park). So get me the 5, 6, or 10 alarm chili, I'll take it. My wife hates that about me, cuz I tend to over heat the chili, but hey, that's me!
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I thought Chili was beans with some meat...

I like fresh onions on top. Mmmmm
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    I'm just a northerner so I don't pretend to know my chili, but almost every one I've had has had beens. And I'm happier for it.
    On a side note, as Yankee as I am, I LOVE my hot stuff. The hotter the better. If I could eat that insainity pepper from the Simpsons, I would (plus that trip looked pretty cool). My buddy's dad sent us a bottle of thai oil (dunno which kind) that basically stripped the taste buds off our tounge, I couldn't taste for like 3 days after that. IT WAS AWESOME. I used to love Texas Champagne, that is waaay hotter then tobasco (like a walk in the park). So get me the 5, 6, or 10 alarm chili, I'll take it. My wife hates that about me, cuz I tend to over heat the chili, but hey, that's me!

I bought some habanero sauce from the farmers market here. Wowowow! I bathe in hot sauce, but this stuff I use lightly. Mmmmm good.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I bought some habanero sauce from the farmers market here. Wowowow! I bathe in hot sauce, but this stuff I use lightly. Mmmmm good.

I like my chili to have a kick, but I don't want to lose my sense of smell over it. :laugh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I like my chili to have a kick, but I don't want to lose my sense of smell over it. :laugh:

You SNORT the stuff? Wow Shannon, you're my kind of chick! :laugh: :drinker:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Me too, I love pain as a flavor.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

:ohwell: Soooooo..my table manners need a little work. :embarassed:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Well there is that gulping sound you make when drinking wine.
  • GoGetterMom
    Options

Only with beer, sweetie!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I SO thought you were going somewhere else with this....:noway:
  • GoGetterMom
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I SO thought you were going somewhere else with this....:noway:
    :noway: :noway: :noway: ROFLOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

I am going to send you top Soupy's corner for that one. Adult time out.:angry::laugh:
  • GoGetterMom
    Options

I am going to send you top Soupy's corner for that one. Adult time out.:angry::laugh:
    Can I go too? Sounds like fun!!! :blushing: