Love Oatmeal but.............

Options
I Love oatmeal but I eat it with almond milk and brown sugar. What do you all eat on it that would be much healthier and that tastes good? Thank you!

Replies

• Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and skim milk sometimes raisins
  • carolleee
    carolleee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fat free yogurt and frozen fruit
  • sunshineshell81
    sunshineshell81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal, I use it as a filler food. I put raisins, cut apples, cranberries, almond shavings, sometimes I use just one, or sometimes I mix them together :o)
  • twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda mixed with cinnamon, and occasionally will mix in a little fruit such as a 1/2 of a banana, a few strawberries, or a few blueberries for a different taste. I eat my oatmeal almost every day and it is one of my favorite snacks!
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Either Agave nectar or 2 sweet n low packets.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite! I have it twice a day....

1/2 serving oats made with water
    0.5 scoop protein powder chocolate flavor
    1 tbs cocoa
    Stevia to taste.
    1 tap cinnamon
    2 tbs peanut butter2 (pb2)

Yummmy!!!!!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have more recipe ideas on my blog too... http://payfitforward.wordpress.com
  • flannadin1212
    Options
    I mix a handful of frozen blueberries into mine, and give it a stir. They thaw and warm up almost immediately.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 3/4 cup water, microwave for 2 minutes, then add 1 tablespoon sugar free blackberry jelly, about 8 frozen blackberries. Or raspberry jelly and raspberries, or blueberry jelly and bluberry jelly. There are only a couple calories in the berries, about 10-12 in the jellies, and whatever in the old fashioned oats, plus no sodium at all! I have begun to really like my oatmeal this way and this is coming from someone that didn't eat it a month ago.

Or 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 3/4 cup water, microwave for 2 minutes, 1 tablespoon Hershey's light chocolate syrup, 1 tablespoon of regular peanut butter or even less calories, 1 tablespoon of PB2 either regular flavor or chocolate flavor. You can even smash a banana into this one or omit the peanut butter, add the banana and you have chocolate banana oatmeal.

My other favorite, 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 3/4 cup water, microwave for 2 minutes, add a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon or more of cinnamon. Or omit the honey and add a packet of sweetener for cinnamon sugar oatmeal.
  • MyViolet
    MyViolet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, like blueberries, strawberries, peaches, bananas. Almonds, walnuts. Cinnamon, ground flax seed, honey, dried cherries. Apples.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I add in diced apples, cinnamon and sometimes a tablespoon of lite maple syrup
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I use rice milk and dried cranberries
  • Constance14
    Options
    adding honey will do the trick :) I eat that almost every morning-adding fruits is just as delightful.