70lbs in 9 months....

Options
Is it possible?? I want to lose 70lbs by December 1st. That's when my husband gets home from Afghanistan. :D

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I think it's definitely possible. Just work towards it as your goal, and if you fall short, know that you'll still be a lot farther along than where you were today.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    it is possible but looking at your Pic you don't look like you need to lose 70lb I'm not normally concerned with other peoples weight loss goals but I have seen a few people on here who's goal weights are unrealistic (I need to lose 70lb and I'm a lot bigger that you look) - I've always been a say it as it is kinda girl so I'm going to give you a bit of advice and do with it what you will. buy an outfit in the dress size you would like to be and lose weight/tone up to be able to feel comfortable in that outfit you may find that you need to lose a lot less than you think x
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It may be attainable, but you should try anyway.... If your goal is to be healthier by the time your husband gets home then any success you have between now and then is a move in the right direction! You will be that much healthier than when you started. :smile:
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've lost 75 in about 11... And to be quite honest, the first 30 pounds were due to stress, starvation, and a borderline obsessive attitude, and I took those first results and decided to find a way to make it a realistic lifetime change. Because I don't know about you, but I don't want to do this yo yo anymore in my life!! I have found a way to make this my total life, not a diet, and my boyfriend who 'doesn't do diets' has literally eaten all of the same dinners as me (maybe a larger portion or extra sauce).

MY thought is you can probably do anything you set your mind to, but don't expect it to be easy, or 'fun'... This has been just as emotionally painful as physically, as long as you're prepared for a whole new roller coaster added to the one you're on with your husband being away.

Good Luck!!
  • Mrswilko
    Options
    Definitely possible but I have lots to loose - I agree that it really doesn't look like you need to loose that much.

I've been on a plan since the beginning of October and in 19 weeks I have lost 68lbs
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    it is possible, make sure you do it the healthy way though and don't let your bmi go below 18 xxx
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I also have to agree with what some others have posted here about your pictures. What is your goal weight? If you are trying to lose 70 to get to a normal weight, then it might be attainable. If you are trying to get model skinny in 9 months, it probably ain't happening.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I started 6-1-2010 and have lost 67 as of last Monday so it's definitely doable. You won't have the holidays to battle through so that will help too. For me, the toughest part is to keep positive through the plateaus. I also had to change my priorites and not let hardly anything or anybody get in the way of exercising and eating healthy. This is a great tool to help stay on track. You can also get alot of support and tips here. Use what makes sense for you and you can find ways make it all fit your new lifestyle. Go for it, you can do it!
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 in 7 months and its doable. I basically stick with a 1000 cal deficit per day and do 360 minutes of cardio every weeh along with pull ups and chin ups and push ups and I do alot of HIIT training. I went in for a healthy lifestyle and the weight came with it.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I notice its men who say you can do it.....thats because with their metabolic rate and muscle mass they lose 50% more than women over a period of time...my advice to you for what its worth is stick to a healthy diet, exercise well and lose whatever your body is comfortable with whether it be 40lbs or 70lbs...after all that time away your hubbie will just be glad to see you, happy & healthy!!!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I went in for a healthy lifestyle and the weight came with it.

love that!
  • myrabarlow
    Options
    Like bettertracie said in a nutshell . . . . keeping it honest and real. And I'm sure that her picture isn't 'today'. It's probably where where she wants to be back to - as is mine.