Two pounds up!?

Options
WHAAAAAAAAA?

I shouldn't have weighed in. I know this. I don't weigh in until Wednesday.

But I was up 2 pounds from Wednesday!?

I haven't gone over on calories, I've been drinking my water....getting exercise....whaaa???

Booooooooooooooooo.

Replies

• LaCubana9
    Options
    This is gonna get a lil too much in the TMI region, but are you digestively backed up? I heard the intestines can house up to 8 lbs of waste. Are you getting enough fiber?
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I gave up the scale because I was stuck on a number and not a feeling.

If you hadn't seen the 2 pounds, how would you be feeling???
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom...there's no such thing as TMI. LOL :laugh:

I do go over on my fiber everyday...but...LOL...I haven't used the bathroom for that in 2 days. Maybe you're right.

I've had a problem with this for a while (post surgery)...it sucks. I go maybe 2 times a week! :(

Should i just get more fiber?
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    This is gonna get a lil too much in the TMI region, but are you digestively backed up? I heard the intestines can house up to 8 lbs of waste. Are you getting enough fiber?

My TMI for the day. I weighed this morning. 124.8. After my BM: 124.4 (which is where I have been at for the last 10 days).

And I don't know if this is why but I haven't had bread this week except for half a whole grain roll - only whole grain as oatmeal and brown rice. I feel like I have been emptying myself out this week. But was my TOM and that could've played a role. I'm going to keep at it and see.

I've had IBS for most of my adult life and being backed up was always the norm. Amazing what eating healthy can do!
  • That_Girl
    Options
    I gave up the scale because I was stuck on a number and not a feeling.

If you hadn't seen the 2 pounds, how would you be feeling???

Pretty damn good!

But I need the scale ATM because I need to lose weight.
  • LaCubana9
    Options
    ...also, remember to try to weigh yourself at the same time every day, prefferably in the morning before any food or beverage has touched your lips, and you should be in your scivies (spelling?) or your birthday suit! I also wait a whole week before checking my weight- also weigh myself every Wednesday like you! ;)
  • That_Girl
    Options

My TMI for the day. I weighed this morning. 124.8. After my BM: 124.4 (which is where I have been at for the last 10 days).

lol....but 4 ounces won't take away my 2 pounds! I know I don't have 2 pounds of crap inside of me. Do I? :laugh:
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much...our weight fluctuates from day to day and throughout the day. This is why it is good to only weigh once a week, around the same time and on the same day. Just keep eating right and exercising. Don't let this deter you.
  • LaCubana9
    Options
    You just may have two pounds of that schtuff lurkin inside! LOL! I know that right when I wake up, I drink a glass of water before ANYTHING! That's usually got my system running sound. And if that fails, morning coffee is the magic evacuater! Hahaha!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

lol....but 4 ounces won't take away my 2 pounds! I know I don't have 2 pounds of crap inside of me. Do I? :laugh:

maybe not but it's a start? LOL. I wouldn't worry too much about 2 pounds. Could be a lot of things and we women have tons of factors that mess with that scale number. And you are post surgery. Could be part of the healing process? :smile:
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You just may have two pounds of that schtuff lurkin inside! LOL! I know that right when I wake up, I drink a glass of water before ANYTHING! That's usually got my system running sound. And if that fails, morning coffee is the magic evacuater! Hahaha!

LOL !! I use to laugh at my Mom as a kid. Every morning, one cup of coffee and off she went to the bathroom. Well, here I am at almost 50.....1 cup every morning and I'm regular like clockwork. (Also the Glueten free Oatmeal has been a life saver).

Don't sweat that 2 pounds. Look over your diet the last 48 hours.....any extra sodium in there lurking ??
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    I'm a mom...there's no such thing as TMI. LOL :laugh:

I do go over on my fiber everyday...but...LOL...I haven't used the bathroom for that in 2 days. Maybe you're right.

I've had a problem with this for a while (post surgery)...it sucks. I go maybe 2 times a week! :(

Should i just get more fiber?

Thank God (for me) there is a pilates exercise to promote regularity called Stomach Massage tee hee. Weighing in without having gone to the bathroom everyday would also make me very frustrated!
  • That_Girl
    Options
    I rarely go over on my sodium...but I DID 2 days ago....perhaps?

I just went to the bathroom ;) Down .8 pounds LOL

But....this is the weird thing. I weighed and I was up two pounds. Moved my scale and I was down 2 pounds. Moved it again and up 2 pounds again.

WTF?!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Honestly I wouldnt worry about it too much... I did the SAME thing this week, took a sneak peak at the scale (which I am usually good about NOT doing) and I knew I shouldnt have because I can always feel when I have lost weight, I gained almost 2 pounds!!! No idea why other then I just got done with a cleanse and havent gone as frequent as I did while on it, but today (a day later) I am already back down to where I was before... So I am not concearned...

Our bodies fluxuate all the time due to water or waste... I started a probiotic after my cleanse, but I think I may try and add a fiber supplement... I dont like feeling bloated/fat because of excess waste, TMI I know...
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Well, since I just got THREE Different readings on my scale within 30 seconds, I'll just assume I'm the lowest of the three LOL

My husband is redoing our bathroom so my scale isn't in its normal place.
  • That_Girl
    Options

But srsly....can you imagine an 8 pound crap?! LOL My daughters were under 8 pounds...HAHA