How much is in a set?

Options
So I tried to add some excercises and its asking how many sets of sit ups I have done, just how many sit ups is in 1 set? also what does it mean by repitions per set?

Thanks

Replies

• pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    1 repletion is doing a complete exercise one time. 1 squat, 1 curl, 1 sit up.

1 set is any number of repetitions performed without stopping for rest.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Typically during strength training, you take a break between each "set" of exercises....For example, you might do a set of 10 (repetitions) bicep curls....

Then you would move to a different machine, and work your legs (one set of 15 leg presses, for example), and then go BACK to the bicep curls, for your SECOND set...

Therefore, a "set" is how many times you did that exercise or worked that muscle (ex. you used the bicep curl machine THREE times, and did TEN repetitions/curls each time)....A "repetition" is how many times you repeated it during each set...

Does that make sense?
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It's whatever you choose it to be. You can do 3 sets of 25 reps. Meaning you do 25 reps (situps) and that equals 1 set. You rest for about 15-30 seconds and do another 25 reps (actions) to equal set number 2, etc. You can choose how many reps and how many sets of those reps you want to do.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    A rep (short for repetition) is a single move, i.e one sit up. A set is how many reps you do in a single session before stopping. For example my Power 90 videos call for 8-15 reps per set on most of the weight lifting moves. Hope this helps :)
  • Magatame
    Options
    Thanks I understand much better now :)