my boobs are going to give me a black eye!

Belle_Fille
Belle_Fille Posts: 469
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
im nursing my 13 month old so i use a nursing bra and i have to say it must be the most unsupportive thing EVER! But it's all I got! Any ideas on how to keep the girls in place while working out until I can get something with better support? I naturally have large breasts and I seriously think I may end up with a black eye! LOL

Replies

• aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Can you put on a regular bra while you are exercising?
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    I know it sounds strange but try wrapping them with an Ace bandage (the kind you use to wrap sprained ankles, etc.)
    That should keep the girls in place.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I really really hate any movment in that area when im working out,so i wear and underwire bra with 2 sports bras over it.its the only way i can keep em still
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    I've used saran wrap and duct tape in desperation.

It works. but its a pain in all sense of the word. Especially in removal if you don't put the saran wrap on first. Not very practical either.

I've also worn 2 bras. It helps a little bit.
  • I second that - I wear a normal under wire (old) bra and then put my regular sports bra over it to strap those babies in. i am a 38D and it's okay so far. I used to work out at a gym, but now am doing Jillian Miachaels 30 DAY SHRED!!!! so there's a lot more frolicking around than on a bike/elliptical/lifting weights. Good luck!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    I know it sounds strange but try wrapping them with an Ace bandage (the kind you use to wrap sprained ankles, etc.)
    That should keep the girls in place.

would work but watch binding them too tight, it can have an adverse effect on your milk supply. Its one of the old tricks that used to be used to deliberately dry up milk.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Not nursing but have nursed 6 kids, and have rode horses all my life. My breast are still in pretty good location considering I am almost 50. But when I do go workout, I wear a tight sports bra on top of my wire uplift bra. That helps me from feeling like they are bouncing around. Can't do the ace bandage or duct tape..Nope that's not for me... Good luck...
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Ensure your bra is fitted firmly but not restricting, if you don't want terribly saggy boobs later in life then invest in a really good quality sports bra..
  • My favorite sports bra in the world is the Champion Double Dry Action Shape Sports Bra. I usually wear one of those overtop of a t-shirt bra and they don't move! What's nice is that they're on sale right now :)
  • Can you put on a regular bra while you are exercising?
    i dont have any that fit. my cup size has stayed the same for years, but im no longer a 32 around like i used to be
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Can you put on a regular bra while you are exercising?
    i dont have any that fit. my cup size has stayed the same for years, but im no longer a 32 around like i used to be

you could hit wal mart or something and buy a cheap one
  • heatsy
    heatsy Posts: 43 Member
    I feel your pain. I was an F cup before this last pregnancy, and I'm even bigger rightg now while nursing my 2 month old. When I work out I wear a nursing bra, and then 2 sports bras on top of that. not ideal, but it's the only thing i've found that helps.
  • I understand. I am nursing my 8 month old and have a big chest. It stinks! No matter how you tie them down they don't stay still. Let me know if you come up with a good solution.
  • aryaw
    aryaw Posts: 36 Member
    I am nursing and don't work out in my nursing bras BUT work out in my bras that I wore BEFORE I had my baby...they are tighter and keep the girls in place (for the most part)...I too had big girls before nursing & because I went up 1-2 cup sizes my regular bras hold things in place...hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.