OMG 171 ca Blue Moon Beer!

Options
Just logged my first beer into MFP. About had a heart attack when the 171 calories came up - I HAD NO IDEA. Needless to say I completely lost my appetite for another. So now I'm having a SoBe water with a better understanding why I'm so overweight..... I used to like beer

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It could be worse. I hate beer so I drink Smirnoff Ice. The raspberry burst flavor is 245 cals for one bottle. :grumble:
  • rflowers7
    Options
    Yep, Blue Moon was my beer of choice until I starting logging them. I'll still have one once in a while, but not as often as I used to.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I feel you!! We went out with friends this afternoon and when i ordered a water they all heckled me so I said ok ok one bacardi breezer cooler..came home logged it in.....220 calories-- yikes.

Darn peer pressure lol....
  • bigmang
    Options
    Found myself drinking white wine spritzer with soda water trying to be good, found out that my boss drinks the same, but has a splash of beer in the top so that it looks like a beer.... :laugh:
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Try a Stella. Great beer with only 120ish calories per bottle!
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    MGD 64 is only 64 calories...

I drink Jim Beam - 69 calories per ounce!!
  • CorinneEvans
    Options
    LOL...be thankful it's not the Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale. I just started MFP 5 days ago and found out it's 180 calories!!!!! Good luck on your journey. :)
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Oh, my greatest regret when I started this journey was the SEVERE decline in my beer consumption. I am a big Sam Adams fan and my favorite beer is Sam Adams Octoberfest. It is only out between late August and mid-November. So, I buy it in multiple cases and store it in my basement (keep a 12 pack in the fridge). I started my weight loss journey on 11/10/2010 and at that time I had 4 cases of beer. I have only had 12 beers since. I should sell my beer to friends. It is worth its weight in gold as it isn't available for another six months. **sigh**

By the way, it is 180 calories a bottle.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I know! I just about cried when I saw my favourite beer was something like that. And the calorie count of wine is similar. :(
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    LOL, part of my winter pudge is from Blue Moon. Having one right now with my thai.
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I KNOW!! :frown: Such a bummer. I about died when I logged a Blue Moon earlier this month. I prefer on draft to bottle though. So I switched back to bud lite lime when I want a beer...usually with mexican food. Guess I'll be going back to my skinnier drinks like vodka or patron on the rocks with a splash of tonic and lemon and lime. :bigsmile: