How did we all get to MFP?

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
I was wondering how we all found this site. I needed a change, after taking a good look at myself, and knowing I have looked and felt better than where I was at and found an iPhone ap, led me here and sooo happy I took the chance.

Replies

• DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welll i was on another site when having my babies and a few of the girls on there told me about it. So glad they did as its helping me loads i love it here and everyone is lovely. xx
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I had been friends with Shannon023 for several years on a couple of forums and in real life.
    When she took up her weight loss journey she eventually found MFP (she will have to answer how) and after being here a few months invited me.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled across the website. And boy am I glad I did.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    One of my students told me about MFP! She knew that I had been trying to lose weight since having my last baby!! I tell her thank you all the time. I Love this site!:love:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I had been thinking about losing weight for a while, and it came to a head when my new "fat" jeans were suddenly too tight to sit down in comfortably. :cry: But, I didn't know where to start. I tried watching what I ate, but I know now that I was choosing the wrong things, and the portion sizes were larger than they should have been. When I was on vacation visiting family after Christmas, one of the blogs I read posted a link to this site in the spirit of New Year's Resolutions, so I bookmarked it and started using it shortly after we got home. I got in the groove of logging everything within a week or two, and I haven't looked back. :smile:
  • spaceangel66
    Options
    A friend of mine recommended it.
  • rachel1975f
    Options
    Didn't want to pay for weight watchers online, so I went looking for a free website to track my food consumption. I found MFP, and, JACKPOT! This site is the best! :laugh:
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My bestest friend had been using it while doing P90X- I was watching his progress on here. When I started P90X in August of 2010 I joined to keep track of my food and workouts. Then I faded away for a while- BUT I'M BACK NOW!! And bettah than evah *said with my bostonian accent*
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    One of my RL BFF's ..she just had a baby, and I had a baby ..so of course we needed to encourage each to reach maximum hotness in the least amount of time feasible. So here we are!
  • ParadiseLuxe
    Options
    My instructor at school lost quite a bit of weight doing this and she told us about it. It's taken me over a year to actually get into the mindset where I can pull it off, and my phone MFP phone app has helped a LOT, but it's helping me stay on track like never before! I love it!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I was losing on my own watching portion size and cooking my own meals. Exercise was working and I wanted to start counting calories so I did a Bing search for a free calorie counter and MFP was the top choice. Once I checked out the database, there was no need to look any further.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I think I found it doing an internet search one night. I remember thinking that it was so much easier to use and navigate than "spark People". I was at my lowest since I had just found out the my recent ex had a new girlfriend and I was looking for help and I found MFP! Thank goodness! So glad I did.
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My sister in law recommended it. So glad she did.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I originally came here for a weight loss ticker to use on a Couch to 5k forum. A lot of the member there had them. But this place is a lot more hoppin' than that forum.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    googled calorie counters. i used to use lose it! on my ipod but because i dont have wifi all the time i didnt carry it with me, ineeded something that i could access on my phones internet and thats how i found it
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I was looking up food diaries on google, because I thought maybe there was one I could use online that would count my calories for me..voila!
  • caitie88
    Options
    my amazing iphone lead me here....I can't always get to my computer but I always have my iphone so there is no excuse for not tracking my progress which is helping a lot. :)
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I wanted to try to lose weight by counting calories and had the insane notion that I could do it old fashion style on paper (imagine how long that one would have lasted!) A nosy coworker overheard me explaining my idea to another coworker and told me about this site! I signed up that VERY day and have been logging in ever since! I THANK her for being nosy! :happy:
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My wife found the myfitnesspal app on her droid. She told me about it and then after a few days I realized there was a website! Checked it out and realized I was missing out on all the fun!
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I originally used Lose It! on my iPod touch last year but like a previous poster mentioned, it wasn't so good without wifi so I eventually stopped. Then when I got my iPhone I found MFP and liked it's database much better so I switched!