User names....

Options
Wendi_S
Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
My usual user/screen name is Cinderellamom - I use it for facebook, twitter, my blogs.... and I used it with my original MFP account last year.

How I came up with it- One day when my daughter J was about 3 she was standing with me in the kitchen (read- attached to my hip in the kitchen)- I was going about my usual multi tasking- laundry, dishes, dinner when she said to me that she wanted to be just like me when she grew up- I was feeling quite worn out and I asked her if she wanted to do a lot of housework. She said No, she wanted to be a Cinderellamom just like me..... how *kitten*'n sweet is that?!?!? I love my girls!!!

So how did you come up with your user/screen name?

Replies

• YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Someone asked if I lifted weights.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Mine is lame. My initials and 4 very important digits for me.
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I study belly dance, classical Indian dance, hip hop... and I take Zumba classes ;)
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I've always wanted to run, I guess i'll get there oneday but for now i'm..... Jogging all the way
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Would you believe there were 41 other Taso's that came before me? :laugh:

Actually, I just tack on the 42 because often taso actually is taken, and I like 42 for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference.

I fondly remember the days when I was the only taso on the internet.
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    It's my nationality {so to speak} and my nickname mixed together.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That's soooo cute!! Love your story! Mine is my *alter ego* from my high school days. My friends and I all had names that we would call each other when we were out or writing notes to each other. I was Jaedyn Moon...one of my friends was Trixie something....another one Kelly Starr....and that's the only ones I remember :)
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My magical name is how it started back in my 20s, but now it is almost always my screename. I was born in September, hence the Sapphire. One of my spirit or totem animals is the tiger, and I liked the idea of changing the spelling to "tyger"
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Super lame..it's just my name. :)
    However my children tell me often and almost everyday that I'm the best mom ever...so I totally get your story :)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I kept running into mine everywhere,work uniforms,credit cards,drivers license...etc.
    Figured it was fate but MFP made me add the 01 part.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    My name is Karley...
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I got my user name while dining at one of those all-you-can-eat places and someone broke the ice cream machine.
  • Wendi_S
    Options
    These are all so great.... Thanks for sharing....
  • spaceangel66
    Options
    spaceangel - I was a huge KISS/Ace Frehley fan back in the day and this part derived from his spaceman persona.

66 - The year I was born.
  • Wendi_S
    Options
    spaceangel - I was a huge KISS/Ace Frehley fan back in the day and this part derived from his spaceman persona.

66 - The year I was born.

I was in love with Peter Criss!
  • improvstitute
    Options
    I perform and teach improv in exchange for money...thus improvstitute.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    kinda a long story, it was kind of an inside joke and I couldnt think of anything else, plus I loved forcing people to call me sexy or genius lol, but that was when I was 15. I would change it now but I'm afriad my friends wont recognize me..
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love panic at the buffet
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The good looking guy in my profile pic is Vito (aka the handsomest dog alive) so I became Vitosbud :)
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    asteroid vs mars -- I've had this username for several years now on other sites. I wanted a unique name. I was just browsing through games and CDs looking for ideas. One of my brothers had a space game with a red planet and asteroids around it.. I thought of Mars and asteroids.. vola! It made sense in my mind at the time.