Starvation Mode?

Options
So I've been using the Android app on my phone for a week now and I log on every night to push the button on the bottom of the food diary to complete it for the day and I always get a note on the bottom saying that I need to eat a minimum number of calories so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. I've been avoiding processed foods and everything I eat now is made at home. I've also been cutting out the habit of eating just to eat. If I'm not hungry and I'm still under this minimum number of calories they're suggesting, should I just go eat a few teaspoons of sugar or try some fattier foods?

Replies

• Dancer4Lifee
    Options
    No worries, thats been happening to me because I've cut out eating a lot of times during the day. I would recommend just eating enough to push you over where you receive the "starvation mode" notification. You definitely don't want to let it stay under; your body will put itself into defense mode and hold on to every ounce of body fat. Try to make up what you're lacking in whatever food category your app informs you that you are low on. If you're just not hungry I recommend something high in fat and protein, such as peanut butter.
  • savimal
    Options
    I agree. Try something high in protein if you do want to meet you daily goal without going into starvation mode.
  • safetypins
    Options
    You know, I had a trainer friend tell me "if you're not hungry, don't eat" and that's been working for me. I'm always way under my calorie goal.

But if you want to get up to the 1200 or whatever it says, don't just eat sugar or empty calories. You could add good calories (protein, complex carbs, veggies) to your meals to get to the goal, not anything high in fat or sugar just to eat it.