New Guy

Options
2»

Replies

• walkinghost
    Options
    Hello and welcome. Sure, I'll stay with you... it's really worth the struggle,
  • Jason_Hall
    Jason_Hall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the messages of support, it really helps. :smile:
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    wELCOME!! This is a great place for motivation and support!! Add me as friend if you like!!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just do one step at a time, so you don't overwhelm yourself! Some people are very religious about counting every single little thing- water, sodium, protein, etc. But very few start out that way. I just joined a little over three weeks ago (I know it says April 2010, but I joined, then promptly did nothing about it until January 21st) and at first I felt guilty because I didn't try to be perfect. But I also know that I can improve a little every week. For example, I didn't change any of my eating habits other than counting calories. After a week, I added exercise. This week I started drinking WATER. (It was diet pop before.) I already know that the next thing I'm going to do is look at my sodium, because it is WAY over right now. But I'm not going to overwhelm myself with rules of perfection. Just have fun with it! Honestly and truly, whenever I'm feeling tempted or lazy or anything negative at all, I get on this site and am reminded by all my amazing friends that it DOES work, and that I'm not alone in this. I started off at 298lbs in April 2010, and when I came back, I was ONE pound lighter. Almost an entire year wasted. I'm not doing that anymore. I lost 12 lbs my first ten days (13, including the one pound deficit from the previous year), and since then it's been a struggle, and I gained a pound my third week. I'm 5'9" at 286lbs. I totally understand the long road ahead. I'm going to do this. And so are you! :wink:
  • Jason_Hall
    Jason_Hall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I'm looking forward to the future me!
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    Hi Jason, you've taken the first and most important step, use the site daily, i found several times a day was helpful in the first week , the support here is awsome, you are not alone, were all travelling the same path...good luck :happy:
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi Jason, with you every step of the way. You will do it! You've already made your first positive step :o)
  • davesnow77
    davesnow77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yo J

How's it goin? I had a mixed couple of weeks. I was VERY good Week 1 and dropped about 5 lbs. So then I congratulated myself the next two days after the weekly weigh-in and promptly put almost all of it back on!!! Grrrrrrrr. Got back on the bike (figuratively & literally) the rest of the week. Looks like I'll weigh-in tomorrow right back around that 5 lbs lost level. On the one hand, I'm PO'd at myself that as soon as I did something good, I turned right around and blew it. On the other hand, thanks a great deal to just getting right back on here and tracking myself, I caught myself quickly and got going in the right direction again.

How are things going for you?

Dave