hi

Options
Hi. Just joined this site and would love some help along the way. Really struggling to get my protein up and keeps carbs down. Tend to be a chocoholic so any ideas in that area would be great too. Thanks..I love how encouraging everyone seems.

Replies

• MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hi to you too. :O)

I've used the site for 30 days and it's great.
    Lots of information if you look for it and very supportive people.
    Good Luck.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hi - Chocoholic here too. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • KimmyfromLawn
    Options
    I am new to the site as well. I read your post and I have the same issues that you do. Chocolate....grrrr why is so hard to stay away from it? Feel free to add me as your friend, I am the same age as you and my goal is to lose 10 lbs.
  • AmericanNewfie
    Options
    Have you tried a low carb protein shake to supplement your daily diet? ISOPURE and EAS make very good ones.
    Keep choc. to a minimum and when you do eat it, opt for the darkest choc you can find. The darker the better for you.
    Good luck!!!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family. Here is something that will help your chocolate cravings and your protein intake. I hope you enjoy.

CHOCOLOTE YOGURT

½ cup - - Oikos - Organic Greek Yogurt - Plain 0% Fat
    ½ tsp - - McCormick's - Pure Vanilla Extract
    1 tsp - - Hershey - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    6 tsp - - Great Value - No Calorie Sweetener (Loose -- Not In Individual Packets)
    1 scoop -- Jillian Michaels - Natural Whey Protein Triple Chocolate Shake
    1 to 2 oz – water

Mix all together adding water as you go. It should be the consistency of pudding.

Per Serving: 181 calories, 16 g carbs, 3 g fat. 28 g protein, 9 g sugar, 5 g fiber CALORIES
  • rmmattox34
    Options
    HI, I am new to myfitnesspal.com. The nurse where I worked said this would be a good place for me to start. I have been trying to loss weight for 4 years. My baby daughter will be 5 in October and I weigh more now than when I had her. I have tried everything and I just can't seem to stick to any of them. I really hope this helps me.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome! im a chocoholic too! and managed to eat choc everyday! i make it part of my allowance. instead of a whole bar, i can have a piece which is enough for me as then i dont feel the need to binge. feel free to add me! :)