SURGERY

Options
2»

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction. The nice thing is that it gave them a lift. After the surgery I was like "OMG what have I done". So much pain. But now...HELLO Victoria Secrets!

I was never a big person, but it looked like I had lost weight because my shirts fit better. I could never wear a button up shirt. I use to tell guys who would just stare at them "THEY DON'T TALK" "MY EYES ARE GREEN, NOT BROWN" :laugh:

I dream of the day I can just walk into any store and buy a bra the right size and be able to wear a top that fits and isn't huge everywhere but my bust line.

The recovery is one of the reasons I haven't gotten it done yet I have young children that like to be picked up. Also I want to loose my weight so I don't find myself smaller then I wanted to be at the end of my journey.

My kids were in Junior High, so yes, waiting would be the better choice. You will love it when it's done. No more bra minimizers which were outrageously expensive.

My advice to you is to ask everyone who you heard had a breast reduction who their doctor was. They won't mind you asking. I have met women through our practice that had some botched jobs. Do your research. They will all say that they love art and sculpture. Get on line and check out not only their credentials, but any blog of site that talks about them. Do make sure they are a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Do go see more than one doctor after you have done your research. Tell him what you are expecting and a good doctor will tell you what is reasonable for your frame and your current . I wanted to be smaller but my breasts were so large (I had 600cc removed) he said they would not look right after surgery.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for all the advice. I went to see one surgeon back in the beginning of August. I don't think I will go to him for the surgery just because he was so carefree like cutting me wasn't a big deal and shouldn't be to me. I'm not one to get things like this done and honestly it flips me out thinking about it. But I am so unhappy with my breasts I've been unhappy with them since I was in 6th grade! It's been a long time coming. And the back pain is unreal and my bra straps are cutting into my shoulders.

My surgeon was like this, but that honestly made me feel more at ease. I wasn't nervous at all going under.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction last year. I was 22. :smile:

Wish I had done it younger, but surgery was not that much in to forefront as it is now. By the time it had improved, my kids were small so I had to wait.

Don't you love it!!!

Yes! They were getting in the way of everything I love, and causing me unnecessary pain/emotional stress! I was told I'd likely need to re-do the surgery after I have children (10+ years!) because they could grow with pregnancy. I'm self conscious about the huge scars now, but at least they're a more decent size! Lesser of two evils! :smile:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I want a breast lift for sure......and depending on what my skin does I may need a tummy tuck and some arm, leg skin removal.
  • janel814
    Options
    I am having a breast reduction in a week in a half....super excited about it! I have been waiting a year to get approved. Only bad thing is that I have a toddler so that may prove to be difficult. Plus I just started my intense workout plan and having to take a month off so I am kinda bumbed just a bit. I do plan on doing a cleanse during the first week after surgery since I won't be moving too much. Any advise on how to get back up an running asap after surgery???

Thanks
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    You know I didn't like the scars either, even though I've been married to the same man FOREVER :) Have you tried Mederma? Mine have faded with time, but still there.

But I would rather have them than the big dips I have in my shoulder from carrying those puppies around. :wink:
  • lhague
    Options
    I am having a breast reduction in a week in a half....super excited about it! I have been waiting a year to get approved. Only bad thing is that I have a toddler so that may prove to be difficult. Plus I just started my intense workout plan and having to take a month off so I am kinda bumbed just a bit. I do plan on doing a cleanse during the first week after surgery since I won't be moving too much. Any advise on how to get back up an running asap after surgery???

Thanks

You will definately need someone to help you take care of your toddler. My doctor didn't even want me pushing a vacuum cleaner for several weeks.

You will love it!!! Good luck, keep me posted on how it went. :happy:
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    I don't have any physical need for surgery, so no. Sometimes I wish I could get the tendons at the top of my boobs shortened because they've been saggy my whole life, but since it's not a necessity I probably won't ever do it.
  • believetoachieve
    Options

Thanks

The first half week or so will HURT. I was given percocet's and tylenol 3's to take the edge off. However, after that you will feel like you can do everything as normal -- DON'T! I made this mistake and started getting back to my normal routine too early, bad idea! I wasn't even supposed to lift my tiny chihuahua onto the bed (6lbs!).

Before you go, my suggestion is that you get your armpits and legs waxed - you won't be able to do any shaving or showering for at least a week after surgery, and this helped me feel less "gross". (It gets pretty bad.. no showering or anything for a week! The tape is so sticky and uncomfortable!). :grumble:
  • believetoachieve
    Options
    You know I didn't like the scars either, even though I've been married to the same man FOREVER :) Have you tried Mederma? Mine have faded with time, but still there.

But I would rather have them than the big dips I have in my shoulder from carrying those puppies around. :wink:

I know, and I'm doing my best to be strong, but at the end of the day I'm still a 22 year old female (without a husband!), lusting for that "gorgeous" body and I just wrecked it, haha. :laugh: But it was the right choice, I just wish I could've been a bit smaller still.

I got some super expensive silicone cream from the surgeon, as well as bio-oil. It's working well and the scars aren't too bad, but I'm VERY pale to begin with, so they're blindingly bright. Only time can heal that, I think! :drinker:
  • lhague
    Options

I know, and I'm doing my best to be strong, but at the end of the day I'm still a 22 year old female (without a husband!), lusting for that "gorgeous" body and I just wrecked it, haha. :laugh: But it was the right choice, I just wish I could've been a bit smaller still.

I got some super expensive silicone cream from the surgeon, as well as bio-oil. It's working well and the scars aren't too bad, but I'm VERY pale to begin with, so they're blindingly bright. Only time can heal that, I think! :drinker:

I know sweetie. But you know there are women out their going "Bitc@" :wink:
  • MadisonLeavens
    MadisonLeavens Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had a gastric bypass 8 years ago. Lost 150 pounds, still have 100 to go.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Breast reduction rocks! lol
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting on referral for a Ravitch (go google, lol) worried about how it's going to affect my diet and exercise, I think i'll have to gain in order to have some padding to lose. Apparently you lose a lot of muscle tone! On females they can do it by cutting under each breast (as opposed to males where the cut from one side of the chest to the other), so as i'm going to have the scars anyway, i'm going to get breast surgery to boost my 30B's to 30D's! I have saggy skin as originally I was a 34E so I definitely need a little more padding to make the skin look better!
  • RVLMonavie
    Options
    I have though about, but the more I look at what I should get the more I want to change. As for weight loss I think my daughter will have to get the lap band if she can't have the weight lost she needs by her doctors request under control. Has anyone done the lap band? For now surgery is only a though
  • lhague
    Options
    I'm waiting on referral for a Ravitch (go google, lol) worried about how it's going to affect my diet and exercise, I think i'll have to gain in order to have some padding to lose. Apparently you lose a lot of muscle tone! On females they can do it by cutting under each breast (as opposed to males where the cut from one side of the chest to the other), so as i'm going to have the scars anyway, i'm going to get breast surgery to boost my 30B's to 30D's! I have saggy skin as originally I was a 34E so I definitely need a little more padding to make the skin look better!

The scars from implants is much different than reduction...so if you have looked at those scars, pay no mind. Implant scars are very small and minimal.. A good surgeon will not let you go too big for your frame. Like I have said in this post many times, get as many opinions as you can. There are several options as far as to where the incision is made.

Good luck and enjoy! :wink:
  • AshliKrasz
    AshliKrasz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have had two c-sections and my stomach isn't great anymore but once I lose some belly fat I'll see what it looks like. I would love a breast lift. 2 pregnancies and 2 years of straight nursing sort of ruined them but I doubt I would ever opt for surgery. I have also had my gall bladder removed and had a septoplasty on my nose (I had the worst deviated septum my dr had ever seen, I couldnt breathe on one side at all) I don't do well with anesthesia, my blood pressure drops too low so I hate the idea of more surgery.