IS anyone currently at 154 pounds??

Options
Hey, is there anyone weightning in at 154 pounds who would like to tell me how they are going to go about losing the rest and staying motivated for it??

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not at 154 lbs, but I am at 150 lbs and I want to lose at least 10 more. I've been working with a personal trainer at the gym once a week. He's told me to increase my protein and to do more intense workouts 4 times a week. So i'm at the gym using cardio machines or running 4 times a week, with one time being my training session. I have 25% protein and I try to hit it every day. And I'm eating 1530 calories as a base and I try to stay around that number every day. 1200 calories was too low for me and I wasn't losing.
  • Drealicious
    Options
    Well, I'm not at 154 lbs, but I am at 150 lbs and I want to lose at least 10 more. I've been working with a personal trainer at the gym once a week. He's told me to increase my protein and to do more intense workouts 4 times a week. So i'm at the gym using cardio machines or running 4 times a week, with one time being my training session. I have 25% protein and I try to hit it every day. And I'm eating 1530 calories as a base and I try to stay around that number every day. 1200 calories was too low for me and I wasn't losing.
    Cool thanks:) Do you think protein shakes are good for getting protein? What do you eat to get that?
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am also at 5'4" & 150 and according to "The Man" I need to lose 18 more lbs. I plan on working out an hour a day 5 days a week doing either 30min of circuit or 30min of weight training with 30min. of cardio. I don't know about eating more. I doo good to eat my exercise calories...:ohwell:
  • flyinmomof3
    flyinmomof3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm at 151 and my goal is 140. It's hard the closer I get but I think I'm going to increase my cardio and just remember that if I stick to a healthy diet and get all my workouts in then I will be to my goal in no time. I've come this far and I don't want to waiste the efforts I've already put in. Not that it would be a complete waiste to stop, but why work so hard for something and stop when your so close. I just remind myself that I'm almost there.
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm at 155 and I need to lose 30 more as I am 5' exact! I'm currently doing Nike + Walk to Run as well as other exercise vids, walking, elliptical, rowing... etc.

I'm using NSV's to keep my motivated... I'm loving the fact that my clothes are getting looser :)
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey, is there anyone weightning in at 154 pounds who would like to tell me how they are going to go about losing the rest and staying motivated for it??

It looks as if you lost some. Keep up the good work if you know how you lost what you lost so far. I was at my highest weight 153 a year ago today. Then my appendix burst. I never felt so old in my life! I started a Couch to 5k program last March but only stayed at 150 lbs. Then someone told me about "My Fitness Pal" in my running group. That changed everything! I started last August and couldn't believe the food I ate! I can't run no more due to serious injury. But I still can do other exercises and I am still loosing weight. I now am 134.5 to 136 lbs. yo-yoing because of stress lately. You can do this! Hang in there! :drinker:
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i hope to be there tomorrow when i weigh myself!!! i am motivated cuz i want to be thin when we have our family reunion this summer!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Oh man, if I was at 154, I'd be DEEP inside a healthy BMI range for my height. I'm just trying to get down to 165, but I have lost a lot of weight to know that the motivation is only as strong as you are when challenges come. And believe me, the challenges will come. Those are inevitable.

If you come across one that makes you question why the hell you're still trying, then that's the one I'm talking about. I personally love challenges in life. I've been through so many that I began creating them for myself, just to test for a way to get out of them. That's not really dealing with weight loss, but in general. So far, I've been successful at getting out of all of them.

What helps is to tell yourself "if this is the hardest thing you've ever had to deal with, and you can get through it, then everything else after this should be easy." That's what I've told myself and it's what gave me the drive behind my motivation.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of protein shakes, since I find it hard to get in enough protein otherwise. I like the EAS Carb Advantedge ones, rich chocolate is yummy. They are 17g of protein in each one. I also like Bolthouse Farms protein shakes, the chai one is heavenly. I've used Designer Whey protein powder too, tastes good blended up with soy milk and frozen fruit and yogurt.
  • Gypsy135
    Gypsy135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Gypsy135
    Gypsy135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 155 pounds. My first goal is to get down to 135. I have lost 13 pounds so far. I am committed to this this time around. I haven't really started working out yet but am joining the gym this month. I'm sick of being fat and will stick to the plan so I can finally feel good about myself.
  • shellyxxxxx
    Options
    i can only dream of being 154lbs x ha ha x
  • RVLMonavie
    Options
    I am at 150 and love the shakes for the nutrition they pack, I have to make sure it has more than just protein. A meal replacement shake works for me. If none available were i am at then I try to take on the go vitamins fruit plus non meal protein shake. I just started back on the shakes, but did have great success doing them on the past. I lost 60lbs build muscle and felt great. This time I know it will take me a bit of work to have my body accept low calories but am determine to lose 20 by June.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How bout is anyone stuck at 154, lol, cuz I AM! It seems like my weight won't budge and even though a doctor told me I was healthy for my height and body fat percentage, I'm still on a mission to lose a bit more and tone up my body. On the protein note...if you have a bulk foods store around you, they might sell whey protein on it's own with nothing added to it. That's where I get mine and I add it to almond milk after workouts. I just don't like to think of what all those protein mixes have in them that I don't know about so I feel better about buying clean. Good luck to you.
  • Serenity79
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5 and 154 pounds (OK and a half, lol) I've been stuck on this number for a couple of weeks but I'm hoping that by changing up my diet a little this week I can move - although hopefully not in the wrong direction, I was experimenting with eating a little more this week but then I had some stressy times and made some bad food choices and went too far over :grumble: Weighing in on Tuesday, so we'll see.....
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    How bout is anyone stuck at 154, lol, cuz I AM! It seems like my weight won't budge and even though a doctor told me I was healthy for my height and body fat percentage, I'm still on a mission to lose a bit more and tone up my body. On the protein note...if you have a bulk foods store around you, they might sell whey protein on it's own with nothing added to it. That's where I get mine and I add it to almond milk after workouts. I just don't like to think of what all those protein mixes have in them that I don't know about so I feel better about buying clean. Good luck to you.

Well Red, I was stuck at 151...and the weight wouldn't budge. Contrary to you, my doc told me I needed to drop another 10% to get my BP down & rev up my metabolism, unlike you, I'm a lot older so it's now or suffer...for me.

I was very successful dropping the first 20 simply pulling an hour or so on the elliptical/treadmill 4 - 5 days a week, then I hit a block :noway: The next 5 came off VERY slowly w/intense cardio....NOW, I have to put in some serious anaerobic exercise (intervals & weights) to go along with my aerobic (elevated & steady heart rate) sessions. Without the two, I see no results.

Make this a lifelong mission & you'll keep healthy and fit. WTG :bigsmile:

mj