HCG

Options
My name is amber an I am wondering about the HCG diet, has anyone tried this an what are your thoughts? Are there certain foods or recipes that you have to go by?

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    HGC is an incredibily caloric restrictive diet that contends a hormone found in pregnant women aids weight loss by forcing your body to burn fat.

People who use it do lose, dramatically. But the FDA has found that the HGC hormone has no effect in actual fat burning. Restricting caloric intake to a dangerous level does drop dramatic pounds but it is really, really unhealthy.
  • trailrunner_jules
    Options
    Hi Amber! HCG works--just not for me! I have done HCG twice both times with the same results. I lost the weight but I gained it back. A lot of people are able to keep the weight off. I found that my weight is more of a symptom of bigger problems than just eating too much though and when I was off the diet I had felt so deprived that I went right past eating the same way I had before the diet and actually ate even worse! I gained the weight back almost as fast as I had lost it.

From your questions it doesn't sound like you've really done much research on the diet yet. It's intense. The purpose of the diet is to change your metabolism so what you eat on the diet is KEY to your results. If you choose to do the diet I would google Dr. Simeons HCG diet and read the original manuscript. It's not too long and helps you understand the theory behind what you're about to undertake. I also would look up recipes for it.

If you do it--Good luck! I know you'll see results, just be prepared to make real lifestyle changes after you finish the diet to maintain your new body!
  • maricari
    maricari Posts: 133
    Options
    Amber,
    Under Motivation and Support there has been a long running HCG thread. This might be hlepfult o you for information also by reading past logs. And as the previous repsonse said, read the pounds and inches. I have read it several times and I still reference on occasion. Also your doctor might be a great source. I had a complete physical and boold work done. I kno wI am hypogyclemic and did not want to do something that could put me dire-straights. Good Luck and much success to you in any program you choose. I love my MFP!
  • thin4mykids
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I have been reading an rereading the info on hcg all day an still not sure what I am going to do! Thanks for your thoughts!