30 Day Shred Challenge - Week 2 - Sept 8 to 14

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have hand pain after level two? All that floor work hurt my hand big time.
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!!!! I finally lost 2 more lbs!The next 2 will be a reason to celebrate because I will FINALLY be under 200, but I am super excited that the scale budged! HOORAY for 2 lbs!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me toot my own horn:blushing:

Keep on Rocking the Shred!
  • Juliebean
    Options
    I hear you!

I had to order mine from Canada- I won't be getting it till NOVEMBER!!! If there's anyone out there who will still be wanting to shred then, let me know!!

I'll be shredding until the dvd skips! I'm in. I got my dvd later than expected so I'm only on day 3 of this challenge. Hopefully by the time you get your dvd I'll be a pro-shredder! I'm planning on keeping this up for as long as possible. November doesn't seem that far away... :ohwell:
  • Marla64
    Options
    HOORAY!!!!! I finally lost 2 more lbs!The next 2 will be a reason to celebrate because I will FINALLY be under 200, but I am super excited that the scale budged! HOORAY for 2 lbs!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me toot my own horn:blushing:

Keep on Rocking the Shred!

Way to go, Emi ! Getting under 200 was an incredible feeling for me, too. 190 was even more magical, and I'm "thisclose" to being under 180 and the scale has been stagnant. But, I can't wait.

Congrats on the Shred. I've been doing it, too, and am so thankful to whoever started this challenge. This "back to the basics" mentality of Jillian, (jumping jacks, lunges, etc.) is so great. She does all the things that we all hate, which is why we have tried to find easier workout methods. These are tried and true, and hurt like H-E- double hockeysticks, but the results are sweet.

Have a great day everyone.
  • alisha123
    Options
    Anyone else have hand pain after level two? All that floor work hurt my hand big time.

I have pain normally on the back of my left wrist. It hurts the worst when bent back with pressure (like when doing push ups). I found after doing level 1 just for two days the pain radiated into my whole hand. So after day 2 I stopped doing the push ups. I havn't done level 2 or 3 and I know there is going to be a lot more floor work :ohwell: So what I've been doing in level 1 and will do with the other levels is other strength training with weights. Right now I do tricep excercises, and will probably add other arm excercises in levels 2 and 3. I know I'm not getting the full benifit of the shred, but I can't do push ups.
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I have pain normally on the back of my left wrist. It hurts the worst when bent back with pressure (like when doing push ups). I found after doing level 1 just for two days the pain radiated into my whole hand. So after day 2 I stopped doing the push ups. I havn't done level 2 or 3 and I know there is going to be a lot more floor work :ohwell: So what I've been doing in level 1 and will do with the other levels is other strength training with weights. Right now I do tricep excercises, and will probably add other arm excercises in levels 2 and 3. I know I'm not getting the full benifit of the shred, but I can't do push ups.

I didn't have "pain" in my wrists - but they didn't feel good during the level 2 plank stuff ...... here's what I do now ....

During the plank cardio stuff (bringing legs up together and the plank jacks) - I place my hand weights and grip those while I do them - so that my wrists are not in full extension on the floor.
    Then during the plank abs (circuit 3) oblique twists - I do those on my elbows instead and they still work ...... trust me - just not getting the static contraction in the arms during it.

Just throwing another idea out there for you to possibly try. :flowerforyou:
  • MelK8RN
    MelK8RN Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    today is my weigh day and...i'm up 2lbs. I was a little discouraged at first but after reading other posts I feel a little better i'm not along in gaining. I did really well the first 4 days and then skipped a few...I didn't realize how much better i was feeling when i was shredding. Aside from my gain my clothes are actually fitting a little better so I'll chalk it up to water and maybe some increased muscle mass.
    Congratulations to everyone who is sticking in there!!!
  • Marla64
    Options

I didn't have "pain" in my wrists - but they didn't feel good during the level 2 plank stuff ...... here's what I do now ....

During the plank cardio stuff (bringing legs up together and the plank jacks) - I place my hand weights and grip those while I do them - so that my wrists are not in full extension on the floor.
    Then during the plank abs (circuit 3) oblique twists - I do those on my elbows instead and they still work ...... trust me - just not getting the static contraction in the arms during it.

Just throwing another idea out there for you to possibly try. :flowerforyou:

That could work-- I'd have to totally bag the walking push ups-- oh, the pain!! Youch.
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Went straight to level 3 today....will alternate levels now.....did Shred this afternoon as opposed to 5 am.....must say....like the early morning shred better....it really set my day in motion. I skip Jillian's closing stretches and do about 10 minutes of yoga stretching. The best part of the whole routine!!
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Went straight to level 3 today....will alternate levels now.....did Shred this afternoon as opposed to 5 am.....must say....like the early morning shred better....it really set my day in motion. I skip Jillian's closing stretches and do about 10 minutes of yoga stretching. The best part of the whole routine!!

I would have to agree with the early morning Shred!!! I generally do it at 4:45 or 5:00 a.m. - unless I happen to oversleep for some odd reason ....... LOL!! :laugh: It definitely gets me going and then when I get home I know that I've already got that done and anything else that I do is extra!! Feels good!! :tongue:

I was up this morning doing Level 2 at 4:45 a.m. Now I'm getting ready to go for a bike ride before the rain moves in.

Have a great evening!! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    oh my-- I am sooooooooooo not a morning exerciser. I usually run around 10pm, and can be found shredding after 11pm. But, that's usually my only time the house is quiet, so it works.
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Checking in before bed. Shredded at 5AM!
  • emikarls
    Options
    Got the kids to bed, Shredded, showered, and now off to make lunches...
    Until tomorrow Ladies!

Keep on keeping on!:flowerforyou:
  • Toby
    Toby Posts: 17
    Options
    not a morning person however may try to start doing my Yoga in the morning and then shred in the evenings. Can not wait to see the scale begin to move in my favor again. Good evening Ladies

(lookie new picture - my husband and 16 mos old cute hugh?)
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    Okay I finally got my DVD and I did my first shred today! It was awesome, great work out! My legs are not happy with me though :happy: .

Okay I have a question, how do I log this on exercise?
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I took yesterday off from shredding, only did my pushup challenge because I was very busy doing favors for a friend. Back at it today, level 2. I'll admit, I did the DVD right after coming home from an hour-long hi/lo aerobics class at the gym (where I worked my tail off), so I was not hitting the shred too hard. I still burned 180 calories, though. My left shoulder was bothering me a little on those walking pushups - something about the angle when I was about 2/3 of the way out. I may go back to level 1 tomorrow and then see how it feels on Friday. I hate getting up in the morning, but since I usually go to the gym after work I think I will try to do the DVD in the morning so I don't feel like I'm exercising all night long. :yawn:

Kara, I think most people have been logging the workout as "circuit training". Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I did levels 3 and 1 in that order this morning!!!! I wore my Ipod on my arm strap. It was great doing it while listening to music. The only little problem is that you might get carried away doing something and not realize they have started the next exercise :laugh: :laugh: Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I did level 1 last night. I was so sore from trail running, I had to take it easy. I plan to do level 2 or 3 tonight.
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I didn't join this challenge but I was interested in trying the 30 day shred. So I gave it a whirl Tuesday night before bed. I could barely walk the next day. But I absolutely enjoyed it. So even though I was still sore from Tuesday night, I got up early and did it this morning.

Anyway....I just wanted to give Kudos to everyone in this challenge who is doing this workout everyday. And extra Kudos to those who are doing the level two and three workouts!!!!!
  • emikarls
    Options
    I didn't join this challenge but I was interested in trying the 30 day shred. So I gave it a whirl Tuesday night before bed. I could barely walk the next day. But I absolutely enjoyed it. So even though I was still sore from Tuesday night, I got up early and did it this morning.

Anyway....I just wanted to give Kudos to everyone in this challenge who is doing this workout everyday. And extra Kudos to those who are doing the level two and three workouts!!!!!

The sore legs go away, I am not sore anymore. After the first few days, I could hardly walk! Come join us, if you like! People are joining all the time! Happy to have you!:flowerforyou: