Fairly new...and blue!

Options
Haha see what I did there?!!

Seriously.. Hello there fellow MFP's. I joined here 5 weeks ago (..I think) and I wish I'd only had this years ago!

Thing is, this last week has been hard...I've kept with it, but for some reason it's just made me ever so sad doing it. There's a sense of loneliness...regarding food, if you know what I mean?
As if I miss food keeping me company, or some silly notion like that.
Anyway I started feeling if only there was someone around who knew what it was like or at least knew where I was coming from, hence I thought i could start by introducing myself on the very site that is helping me!

My husband is one of those that can eat literally anything and stays ridiculously slim, my mother in law is the same, although she recently was troubled by the horrendous task of shedding the extra 4lbs she had gained!! (yes I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...!)
We often go to visit and they always have endless cakes, chocolates and nibbles and are not happy when I refuse, even though they know I am trying to be healthy.
Plus the father in law turns up frequently with "bad food" but husband excuses it with the "it's not for you" line! He also has lots of unhealthy snacks in, munching endlessly on them........how come he gets to be like a stick insect?!!

And if I dare suggest these people are not being supportive? Well shame on me.. because apparently, as long as you patronise me with a half baked "well done" when you ask me if I've lost anything, then you're practically working alongside with me!

I'm sure this is why I got so down of late, as it was last weeks visit which was particulary fustrating, when my mood regarding food changed.
Unfortunately I moved to Scotland from England 18months ago and my husband and his family is all I know here (I have made a friend but she is fabulously fit and healthy and is less sympathetic and more just do it!) . I miss my family and friends back home obviously, but I think it's more than that....that not feeling "full" all the time makes me feel, well empty.

So on that rather pathetic note.... I'd like to introduce myself (haha!)

Hi, I'm Kerry.

Replies

• linmolko
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from England too :)

I've only been a member for 2 weeks, but everyone is lovely!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    hey

im from essex. i have 50lbs to lose!! and am at the start of my journey. x

we can do it x
  • KerryLee78
    Options
    Hi... yey english people ... and wanting lose similar amounts too. Always nice to know one is not alone. Thank you :~)