over calories one day.....can i lessen my calories the next?

Options
It had a not so healthy weekend eating things I normally wouldn't and going over my 1200 calories.... is it ok if I am under calories tomorrow to make up for all the bad stuff I ate this weekend? I am usually eating 1200 calories but when I work out tomorrow do i still need to eat the burned calories or can I not since my bad weekend?

Replies

• zakku1
    zakku1 Posts: 32
    Options
    This is just me, but I wouldn't compensate the next day by eating less because it would probably leave me feeling frustrated and tired from undercutting right after a binge. And then I'd be tempted to binge again. I'd just shake off the bad day and get back to normal.
  • perry12345
    Options
    I DEFINITELY wouldn't go too low since you may wind up overdoing it if you're feeling like you're starving! If it were me I would put in an extra-tough workout and eat "comfortably." If that means you're under your calories for the day, then that's great. But if you're starving I wouldn't cut back too much.:smile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think of calories from one day affecting the next day's calories. So, if I'm over today I'm not going to work out more tomorrow to compensate. And if I'm under today I don't feel like I can eat more tomorrow.
  • kerryannk
    Options
    when i go over my allowance, i like to get in the gym the next morning and shred off the previous day's excess. normally by that point, im motivated enough to keep movin'.