Sweet Tooth!

Options
Does anyone have any advice for an insane sweet tooth?? One little chocolate pudding cup (for example) just doesn't do it for me and it's seriously de-railing my calorie count. Thanks! =)

Replies

• Olona
    Olona Posts: 70
    Options
    Well I'd say gum and plenty of Low fat ice cream I found some fudge ripple ice cream for 100 cal. for half a cup and some no pudge brownies does it for me! I don't like that weight loss stuff thats got that dieting tast to it! These are foods that I've found taste like the real thing so you don't feel deprived at all!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Make sure you aren't drinking diet soda... it really makes you crave sweets! Trust me... I gave it up and it's made a world of difference! Now I still like them as a treat, but I don't really crave them anymore! Takes a while... don't give up!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any advice for an insane sweet tooth?? One little chocolate pudding cup (for example) just doesn't do it for me and it's seriously de-railing my calorie count. Thanks! =)

Cut all your sweet tooth go to products out of your diet, go through the withdrawal, and then ad a little back in. Little in my eyes is less then 15% of daily calories.

For some withdrawal ends in a couple weeks, most around 4, some longer.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Try weight watchers desserts! Low in calories and they have different kinds of sweets-like strawberry shortcake or chocolate chip cookie, etc
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with Pyro on that. Cut the sugars out as much as possible (I went from probably 300g of sugar a day to 15g). I've heard most professionals recommend staying under 40g/day. ? I did under 15g and my cravings were significantly down in 4 days. I think sugar is an addiction. Plain and simple. And it will really get in the way of weight loss (and I think it keeps most people from losing the weight and keeping it off). I also believe it leads people to wanting to binge while trying to eat right. Dove makes sugar-free chocolates with peanut butter centers - as well as chocolate centers, which I eat as I feel the "need" for chocolate. I also switched out my regular milk for the Almond Breeze UNSWEETENED Vanilla Almond Milk. Regular cow milk has about 13g of sugar per cup. That Almond milk has 0g per cup. Yogurts and cereals advertised as "healthy" can hide crazy amount of sugars. Smuckers makes an "organic" peanut butter now - which basically means, they didn't add sugars - or very little. It's like 2g per 2 tbsp as opposed to the common peanut butters which have I think around 13. It will all add up. There's also some splenda-sweetened ice cream bars out there. And sugar-free cakes, believe it or not. lol Hope this helps.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    p.s. I use "Truvia" also now as a sweetener (instead of sugar). FDA approved, sold in your grocery store and derived from a plant called Stevia.
  • topazz9
    Options
    dates! :D
  • Danilouise86
    Options
    I have found Vita Top products are delicious and have vitamin and minerals in them plus they are only around 100 calories. I am in love with the deep chocolate muffin tops. Put them in the toaster, add a little butter spray, and its heaven sent!
  • Danilouise86
    Options
    Also I have found that natural sugar intakes help reduce the refined sugar cravings. So start slowly adding more fruits and before you know it, that will be just as satisfying.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Dates are amazingly sweet. I wasn't crazy about them at first, but I make raw food desserts and now I sometimes crave them just by themselves. Just don't forget to remove the pit!

My favorite dessert book is Sweet Gratitude from Cafe Gratitude. Everyone loves the raw desserts I make, often more than "regular" ones made with sugar (flour, eggs, etc). Try googling raw food desserts for some ideas. I got little cupcake tins, and I make things like pecan pie, apple pie, and whatever else regularly. Sometimes I make them in my 8" pie pan as well, but it's so quick and easy to grind up some nuts and dates and fill a little tin I just like that better.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth...for chocolate I love skinny cow chocolate truffle bars-only 100 cal each and they do the trick for me. Also I have found that eating sweet fruits-apples, bananas, berries has also helped my sweet tooth and its good for you too :)