fruit smoothies

Options
can anyone give me a recipe or two for a yummy fruit smoothie? My boyfriend thinks we need yogurt for it. So we have peach and strawberry yogurt. we have bananas, apples, oranges, & cherries.
Will any of that make a yummy smoothie?

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Mix it all together! This morning I made one with Vanilla Greek Yogurt, Peaches, and Strawberries. You can put whatever you want in a smoothie really.

Today I bought a big bag of frozen fruit from Walmart(peaches, strawberries, mango and pineapple I believe), so tomorrow I'm going to do some of that, possibly throw a banana in there, some Greek Yogurt and call it good!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Also, I was looking at some earlier on here and they add milk and/or orange juice. Just do a search and you'll find a bunch of different ones.
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    Really anything works! Just remenber "would i eat those together in real life?" So no the cherries and pinapple or banana or peaches might not go!
  • kaityray
    kaityray Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Be careful with fruit smoothies, fruit AND low fat or fat free yogurt are loaded with sugar. Bananas are very high in calories and sugar, as are pineapples and grapes as well. Stick to Strawberries, raspberries or blueberries and PLAIN greek yogurt. Or avoid yogurt all together and throw in some Almond Milk & protein powder.
  • topazz9
    Options
    banana, tangerine, spinach, strawberries, and crushed ice is a good combination. no yogurt required :)
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Generic - Great Value Skim Milk, 1 cup
    Great Value - Whole Strawberries, Frozen, Unsweetened, 2 cup
    Great Value Raspberry Low Fat 6oz - Yogurt, 1 tbsp

This serves two.

It yummy. If you like it thinner add another cup of milk.
  • Koda_bear
    Options
    I made my first smoothie today with non fat yogurt, blueberries, and frozen strawberries. It was ok. I think some juice would've helped.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have a fruit smoothie every morning, this one is my favorite one, it only has 165 calories. 3/4 cup fruit juice, 1/4 cup of low fat yogurt and 3/4 cup of frozen fruits. And put in all in a magic bullet. Yum!!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My smoothie probably won't be considered 'yummy' but it's loaded with good stuff ...

2 cups brewed green tea, cooled
    1 scoop plain, unsweetened whey protein isolate
    big handful kale
    1 cup blueberries
    1/2 banana
    1 T flaxseed

Like I said ... probably not considered 'yummy' ... maybe only to me. :bigsmile:
  • Koda_bear
    Options
    I always wanted a magic bullet!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    When I make fruit smoothies I will add the yogurt for protein but u dont have to have it. You can use milk too. Fruit juice I would be careful with bc most of them are full of sugar and empty calories. I like strawberries, blueberries and banana smoothies and I usually put ice in mine with a plain yogurt but again watch the calories. I also put my food into MFP before I eat it so I can make sure I don't eat something then regret it later bc it put me over on something. :)
  • vulcangrrl
    Options
    I love using about half a cup of lite soymilk (35ish cals), froz. berries (depends on the berries) and sometimes some honey.
    Delicious, nutritious and low-calorie!

Melon and yogurt smoothies are yummy too - but I use plain yogurt, or lite vanilla.

I generally just throw whatever I think looks tasty and hope for the best!
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    I have smoothies every morning...they are wonderful....I add flax meal, blueberries, apple, frozen broccoli or soy beans and almond milk. I get a couple servings of fruits and vegetable (you don't taste the veggies) and omega 3 from the flax meal which is super fiber. Protein powder like organic hemp protein sometimes too.
  • jillcaudill
    jillcaudill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My smoothie probably won't be considered 'yummy' but it's loaded with good stuff ...

2 cups brewed green tea, cooled
    1 scoop plain, unsweetened whey protein isolate
    big handful kale
    1 cup blueberries
    1/2 banana
    1 T flaxseed

Like I said ... probably not considered 'yummy' ... maybe only to me. :bigsmile:

interesting... I'm into it, I could see myself being one of those who considered this yummy :) I'm gonna try it! I love all those ingredients separately, so why not? Definitely great nutrition.
  • mandalynne85
    Options
    1 1/2 cup of frozen mixed fruit (pinapple peach strawberry mango/no sugar added)
    1/4 cup-1/2 cup Diet Lipton Green Tea
    1/4 cup blue bunny frozen vanilla yogurt
    ========150 CALS=======very refreshing