Plateau

Options
I dropped 17 pounds in about a month, and now i have gained 3 or so back. Is it possible i have reached a plateau? Now what?

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Very possible! I'd say to bump up the excersize, especially strength training, which helps build muscle so you burn more fat doing simple things!!!! Cardio is also HUGE fat burner! Good luck! And make sure you're drinking enough water!
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    17 pounds is quite a lot to lose in a month... What are your goals set for? It's possible you have your weekly weight loss goal set too high. If you have it set up to 2, try setting it down to 1 and eating a little bit more. You'll lose slower, but losing a lot of weight in a small amount of time will often slow down your metabolism. Good luck!
  • Madsin
    Madsin Posts: 17
    Options
    I would like to know the answer to that myself. I have lost 20lbs amd have stalled for the last month. I go up a pound or two and then down again. I need to find out how to get past this plateau before I get discouraged. I have been doing twice the workouts and eating back the calories I burn, but the scale doesn't budge. Someone Please help us both out and tell us what we can do to get the scale moving again....I have taken my time to lose the 20 lbs. I started here on MFP back in October. I am happy doing it this way instead of some fad that never works (been there done that). So Good Luck everyone out there.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    17 pounds in a month is a very fast loss. Your body's just readjusting to the new weight. The body won't lose weight all the time. It fluctuates. It may be possible to hit a plateau, which is inevitable. It happens to everyone. That's still a net loss of 14 pounds. You should be proud. Let your body heal for a bit. I'm sure it needs it. For now, keep doing what you're doing for weight loss.

If your body's getting used to the routine you can change it up little by little, like increasing the intensity of your workouts and/or increasing the duration of your workouts.