UGH. Can't stop eating!

Options
Today is such a horrible day. I couldn't stop eating. My weigh in day is tuesday and I'm scared I'm going to gain weight. I feel so full like I'm going to burst. Any tips to lose weight quickly? Like a cleanse?

Replies

• katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Are you over your calorie goal by a lot today? How have you been doing with your calorie goal? Meeting it? Way below it?
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    It says I'm below it, but I don't know if that's correct. UGH!!!!!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Did you chart everything you ate cause doesn't seem like you ate that much, maybe just ate just filled you up
  • ebergmann
    Options
    a lot of times people eat cause they're bored, stress eaters or eat when they should be drinking. While today was not the best example, if I'm looking at the fridge but not hungry I'll either have a glass of water, go on a walk or do something I've been putting off just to get over the "craving." Also, load up on fiber. I'm not one for fruits and veggies, so I take FiberOne and mix it into yogurt, tea, anything. hope this helps!
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ok, it was a bad day... that's all. Cleanses are a waste of money, and can even be dangerous. Tomorrow is another day! Don't stress it. Really. In the scheme of things one bad day is nothing. =)
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you're under your calorie goal, you should be fine. If you gain a little, it's okay, really it is. You'll get there. Weigh yourself tomorrow just before breakfast and after you've used the bathroom, I've heard from others that it's the best time to do a weigh-in. Maybe your body has just been craving more food since you're working out? I don't know but just rest and drink water or you could go for a walk.

Whatever will be, will be. :flowerforyou:
  • LOVEthighSELF
    LOVEthighSELF Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do a lemon cleanse- it is all natural... every morning when you wake up drink a glass of lukewarm water with 1/2 a lemon squeezed into it.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Weigh in next Tuesday when you're back to normal eating. You won't like this Tuesday and it doesn't matter what it says this Tuesday.
  • katcena
    Options
    What do you mean? You either are or you aren't! lol Have you been keeping an accurate count of what you have eaten and done? Only you can know this...

If you are below your calorie goal....how much....100 cals 500 cals? Are you eating at least 1200 calories a day?

Your body will go through different stages...if you are consistently falling far below your claorie goal, it may be your body's way of telling you that you aren't eating enough. Be careful.....if you do that consistently you will stop losing weigh or possible start to gain because you will put your body into starvation mode.

If you input your info into MFP and it tells yout o eat so many calories a day to reach your goal, then that is what you need to do. It's crazy, but you actually NEED to eat in order to lose weight. If you eat below 1200 calories a day you will put your body into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down.

You may find that having a higher calorie day will help you to lose weight if you have hit a plateau and haven't lost anything in days or even weeks.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    What do you mean? You either are or you aren't! lol Have you been keeping an accurate count of what you have eaten and done? Only you can know this...

If you are below your calorie goal....how much....100 cals 500 cals? Are you eating at least 1200 calories a day?

Your body will go through different stages...if you are consistently falling far below your claorie goal, it may be your body's way of telling you that you aren't eating enough. Be careful.....if you do that consistently you will stop losing weigh or possible start to gain because you will put your body into starvation mode.

If you input your info into MFP and it tells yout o eat so many calories a day to reach your goal, then that is what you need to do. It's crazy, but you actually NEED to eat in order to lose weight. If you eat below 1200 calories a day you will put your body into starvation mode and your metabolism will slow down.

You may find that having a higher calorie day will help you to lose weight if you have hit a plateau and haven't lost anything in days or even weeks.

Yeah my weight is so weird. I gained 10 pounds when I started exercising. Since I started this website I've lost like 1.4 pounds. But I'm scared it's gonna bite me in the *kitten* tuesday.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    Do a lemon cleanse- it is all natural... every morning when you wake up drink a glass of lukewarm water with 1/2 a lemon squeezed into it.

And then I eat normally for the rest of the day?
  • pyro13g
    Options
    Don't cleanse. That's just silly. False weight loss. I can make you lose pounds in hours cleansing.
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    If you're under your calorie goal, you should be fine. If you gain a little, it's okay, really it is. You'll get there. Weigh yourself tomorrow just before breakfast and after you've used the bathroom, I've heard from others that it's the best time to do a weigh-in. Maybe your body has just been craving more food since you're working out? I don't know but just rest and drink water or you could go for a walk.

It's not okay. Ever since I started working out in October, I've gained 10 pounds. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of this body. UGH
  • LOVEthighSELF
    Options
    Yeah just drink that in the morning when you get up-- just the lemon and the water. Then eat like you normally would on a diet- healthier than normal. Its not a fast- its a cleanse.
  • LOVEthighSELF
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a natural cleanse such as lemon juice in a glass of water-- I am not saying she should fast or anything weird like drinking cayenne pepper and syrup for 2 weeks! You drink it daily it has other benifits as well. Good for your skin, your hair, your liver...
  • pyro13g
    Options

It's not okay. Ever since I started working out in October, I've gained 10 pounds. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of this body. UGH

Then something isn't right. If you are sure you've been at a calorie deficit then it might be something outside of that medically. Don't freak, could be, and probably would be, something that could be addressed.
  • irasonrisita
    Options

Then something isn't right. If you are sure you've been at a calorie deficit then it might be something outside of that medically. Don't freak, could be, and probably would be, something that could be addressed.
    Idk! Everyone, my trainer and nutritionist says it's because I sometimes wouldn't eat a lot on certain days.
  • katcena
    Options
    Okay, forgive me if I am wrong....and please don't take this the wrong way....but I thought about you and your post A LOT last night and this morning. For some reason....it didn't quite sit well with me.
    I see according to your profile you are 18 years old...and I saw your pictures...you are a beautiful girl and do not look overweight AT ALL in your pictures.
    I think what concerned me most from your posts is your reference to yourself....you seem to be lacking some confidence in yourself....and some self-esteem. I saw that you mentioned on your profile that you have been to 8 years of Fat Camp? And now you mention a trainer and a nutritionist? Honey, it sounds like you know the right answers to the questions you are asking. You said that your trainer and nutritionist said you aren't eating enough....well, there is your answer right there! :)

I don't speak for everyone here, but I know that most of us are just your normal, everyday people looking to eat healthier and have a better lifestyle that includes exercise and nutrition. We aren't here for a quick fix, but for a lifestyle change. Our weight goes up and it goes down....because as we get healthier and exercise we are replacing fat with muscle. But, the overall trend is down when you are sticking with a proper nutritous diet and exercise plan and stay within our claorie goals. It's all about the math....but, there are definite fluctuations when dealing with the human body! That is where measuring inches can really come in handy! My first few weeks I lost only a few pounds, but lost inches on my body. That kept me motivated. The weight came later. But, it did come off....it just took time.

I've always been a "fat" kid....and I went through the self-hate because I wasn't skinny like my friends or like my younger sister. But,as I have grown, I have realized that I have other things to offer. Now, my weight loss isn't about being the skinniest, most beautiful girl in town....more about being healthy so that I can DO everything I want to do! Life is too short to spend it focused on weight! And it is too short to spend it over-weight and unhealthy so that you can't enjoy your life. I want to be healthier so that I can continue to do what I love! What is it that you love to do? What are your reasons for wanting to drop more weight?

Here are a few ideas and suggestions:
    1) Follow what your trainer and nutrionist tell you. If you are not eating enough then that is most likely why you are gaining weight....your body is in self-preservation mode....trying to store every little calorie to keep you from dying!
    2) Try to view food as energy and fuel for your body. Not as an enemy that must be destroyed.
    3) Don't look for quick fixes or fast ways to drop punds over-night. They really won't do you any good in the long run.
    4) Be sure to eat 1200 calories minimum every day!!! This is so important to keep your body and it's organs functioning.
    5) Exercise, but don't over do it. Make sure that if you are going to exercise that your have "Fueled" your body in order to do so. Both before your workout and afterwards. If you eat 1200 calories in the day and then burned 1000 of them exercising...you are going to need to eat some of them back so that your muscles can grow and develop. And that is important because your muscle function will help speed up your metabolism which will help you burn more calories! See how that cycle works! But, if you don't eat and fuel your muscles...well then your body uses your muscles for fuel and then there goes the calorie burn and then you are in worse shape than when you started.

I'm not an expert....but I have been where I think you are....and I wish you all the best! If you have any other questions or you need help with something then feel free to message me. But, I think you have people in place, right there with you, who can give you the best advice. It's up to you on if you want to listen and follow what they have to say. :)
    Good luck in your journey!
  • katcena
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/174065-starvation-mode-is-real-and-ugly

Here's a great article that you should read. It might help you to understand why it's so important to eat.