Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    You lost your pants?
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I see this one a lot, in all sorts of places.
  • DanL66712
    Options
    lose weight

loose pants

Thank you! That one does my nut in.
  • lbissett79
    lbissett79 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is an attempt to correct a bad habit I see on A LOT of posts. The misuse of the word loose drives me crazy.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Damn, I am guilty of that. :blushing:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    You are, of course, correct. Some losers utilize the language so loosely and never look back.
  • DanL66712
    Options
    Oh, for the record, it is "it's" not its....
  • tinagraystone
    Options
    i wouldnt worry even school teachers have to be corrected !! lol
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    lose weight

loose pants

I love it, grammar police making its own mistake buy using "its" instead of the it's, while trying to point out someone's mistake. (it's is short for it is, its refers to ownership, it owns)
    :laugh: :laugh: you should be embarrassed :blushing:
  • lbissett79
    Options
    Thanks Dan, now I have been discredited. No one will know if I am right or not and will go back to misusing the words.
  • lbissett79
    Options
    Yes, it was ironic that I was grammatically incorrect on a grammatical correction thread.
  • ghudnub
    Options
    I love it, grammar police making its own mistake buy using "its" instead of the it's, while trying to point out someone's mistake. (it's is short for it is, its referees to ownership, it owns)

What does the referee have to do with it?
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    lose weight

loose pants

I love it, grammar police making its own mistake buy using "its" instead of the it's, while trying to point out someone's mistake. (it's is short for it is, its referees to ownership, it owns)
  • lbissett79
    Options
    Hahahaha now who is embarrassed??????
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Thanks Dan, now I have been discredited. No one will know if I am right or not and will go back to misusing the words.

Yep. Your fish looks a little smaller now in person. Not as big as in one your story. lol
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot to add my own reply...

That aside, if we're building a pedants' playground here, may I point out that "buy" should have been "by"? And "referees" should have been "refers" ? (Although perhaps we'll need our own referee if this playful scrap turns ugly.)
  • skynyrdchick
    Options
    Oh, for the record, it is "it's" not its....

LoL Good call ;o)
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot to add my own reply...

That aside, if we're building a pedants' playground here, may I point out that "buy" should have been "by"? And "referees" should have been "refers" ? (Although perhaps we'll need our own referee if this playful scrap turns ugly.)

I do believe the punctuation mark goes inside the quotes.....it should have been "by?", not "by"?, and "refers?", not "refers"?

:wink:
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • lbissett79
    Options
    I have opened a Pandora's box that will expose the world to its own ignorance. Our entire existence as we know it will change forever.