Climbing back on!

Options
Well I'm going to try this again. I did really well with this about a year ago, then I "fell off the wagon". Trying to psych myself up for this. This time I actually joined a gym. Any help, encouragement and advice you could give would be appreciated!

Replies

• lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going to try this again. I did really well with this about a year ago, then I "fell off the wagon". Trying to psych myself up for this. This time I actually joined a gym. Any help, encouragement and advice you could give would be appreciated!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I hope you stick with it this time. Joining the gym should help.

Good luck:drinker:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Looks as though we have the same weightloss goal!! If you need a kick it in the bum buddy, let me know!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I find that if you look at this site like a program, then it's possible to fall off and on.

But if you look at it as a medium to help you change how you live your life, well then,
    once your life is changed, it's changed, whether you choose to continue with the site after
    that is up to you, but at that point it won't really matter. Of course we would want to keep
    everyone here for ever, but either way, the new lifestyle will still be there.

:flowerforyou:

-Banks
  • lcmartin
    Options
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Looks as though we have the same weightloss goal!! If you need a kick it in the bum buddy, let me know!!!

Yes please, I could definitely use that!
  • Fab140
    Options
    Alright then! :flowerforyou:

When are your projected "weigh-in" dates? I like Wednesdays....it's the middle of the week so If I was naughty during the weekend I have time to get rid of water weight and still have a solid idea of where I stand. :laugh:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Welcome Back :flowerforyou:
  • lcmartin
    Options

When are your projected "weigh-in" dates? I like Wednesdays....it's the middle of the week so If I was naughty during the weekend I have time to get rid of water weight and still have a solid idea of where I stand. :laugh:

Weds. work for me. Yesterday was my birthday so I was really bad (had cake and ice cream)...plus I just had my fitness evaluation yesterday and I go in for a workout schedule/smartkey today. So today is the day that I officially start!
  • Fab140
    Options

Weds. work for me. Yesterday was my birthday so I was really bad (had cake and ice cream)...plus I just had my fitness evaluation yesterday and I go in for a workout schedule/smartkey today. So today is the day that I officially start!

Right on! Today is the start of the Fab40 weightloss!! hehee....You have taken your measurements, yes? So when naughty waterweight gives us trouble, we know the difference between that and actual weight gain....
  • lcmartin
    Options
    Fab40...I love that. Yes I had my measurements taken yesterday by the personal trainer, but I don't think he did it right? He measured my waist as being on my rib cage? Is that right? Don't think I've ever worn my jeans quite that high :laugh:
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    where did you make the graphics of you at your current weight and you at your goal weight?
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    nevermind - I found it - my virtual model :-)
  • lcmartin
    Options
    Exactly...sorry it took so long to respond. Didn't get back on until tonight.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I find that if you look at this site like a program, then it's possible to fall off and on.

But if you look at it as a medium to help you change how you live your life, well then,
    once your life is changed, it's changed, whether you choose to continue with the site after
    that is up to you, but at that point it won't really matter. Of course we would want to keep
    everyone here for ever, but either way, the new lifestyle will still be there.

-Banks

I love this guy!!! GREAT WORDS!!! A healthy change, not a diet...I think THAT is what has kept me on track. You can so get there too girlie!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Fab140
    Options
    Fab40...I love that. Yes I had my measurements taken yesterday by the personal trainer, but I don't think he did it right? He measured my waist as being on my rib cage? Is that right? Don't think I've ever worn my jeans quite that high :laugh:

Darlin' your personal trainer needs to go back to school. We all fall into the idea that these gyms are hiring intellegent individuals, but usually they just pick up any kid off the street. My suggestion to you is go back and get a trainer that is intellegent and speaks to you without speaking down to you and LISTENS.

O, and your natural waist is where you bend. do a side stretch and that place that bends first is your waist.