New here. Looking to lose 40lbs.

Options
Hi all. I'm new here and would love the support of people that have similar goals. I'm 24 years old and I have a one year old daughter. I was overweight before I got pregnant and only gained about 20lbs being pregnant. I lost all of the weight within a month of having my daughter.

I am now 170 lbs. And my goal weight is 130. I have a ways to go but I know I can do it.

Time to make a change!

Replies

• mrskoolnu
    mrskoolnu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I joined 2 weeks ago and lost 2 lbs so far. I have found many great people for support and good recipes. I would suggest planning your meals for the week and logging everything you put in your mouth daily and walk at least 3x week.

Good luck!
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    That's good for u:) I wish you the best of luck!
  • julieadair1
    Options
    Hi,

Where are you located? I'm new to this site too but so far I really like it. I would like to lose AT LEAST 40 pounds... preferably 50.... I've tried everything in the past and just keeping track of what I eat seems to work best....

Julie
  • SmilinNKK
    Options
    Cute baby! I just joined today too. I learned about this site from a friend at work who is doing awesome. I'm looking forward to it and love that it's free!
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    welcome. you can knock off 40 pounds. jump in and start making friends. the support keeps you motivated.
  • jmecale72
    Options
    Welcome! good luck with your goals! Lifestyle change is a good thing!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals. I started at a higher weight than you, but I'm at 170 now. I want to get down to about 140 or 130.

This is a great place to get motivation and support.
  • faithmarquart
    Options
    Hi there! I have 2 little ones and I want to lose about 40 lbs too! I have already lost 14 on this plan and this program is awesome!
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome I joined on 6th february and on my first weigh in I lost nearly 7 lb and the people on the site are keeping me motivated.I still allow myself treats now and again. all the best in your journey
  • melissashparago89
    Options
    Welcome to the site! You will love it! I sent you a friend request.
  • Kimmy1998
    Options
    Hi...adorable baby. You can do it....I just joined a few weeks ago along with another friend who is doing great!!! I also want to lose 40 lbs. Good Luck!! :)
  • nikkiblp
    Options
    Good luck! I also want to lose about 40#. I am older than you so I know it will be harder. I am determined to do it this time and keep it off. As a support group we can do it!
  • JessPando
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe the support I'm getting! Y'all are awesome!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! You have hit a gold mine with this site! The support, motivation and inspiration will soon become be what makes you thrive. I have learned so many things and found so many friends with the very same issues that I have.. Best wishes to you on your new journey!
  • laineyloo123
    laineyloo123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cute pic! This site has really helped me with tracking and knowing what I put in my body and I hope it works for you too. I haven't ever tried the community support it has to offer and I'm hoping it helps me be more consistent and stay motivated. Let's go through it together! Good luck :)

~Lainey
  • SuZeeeee
    Options
    Hi Suz here... just turned 45 and took a hard look in the mirror. WoW i never imagined i would ever weigh over 120 lbs HAHA... that was 20 years ago. Now I am at 200 lbs and have been tracking the intake for about a week. 1200 calories per day. I gave up the fast food years ago and wasn't quite sure why i kept gaining weight..... so mine i am sure is portion control and drinking my calories. Love that ice tea and coffee with creamer. I am trying to do this as a lifestyle.... eat the same foods as always just control the portions and choose more wisely.
  • hilsidney
    hilsidney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just turned 40 and I've been somewhat struggling with my weight my whole life. I am hoping to lose about 25 lbs by sometime this summer, and then re-assess. Once I reach that goal I will still be 15-20 lbs away from my ideal weight according to most charts.
    I have 2 young boys and I want to be fit and active so that I can enjoy doing the things that they like to do with them, like biking, hiking, and generally running around. :)
  • athelete15
    Options
    you go girl!!!!!:heart:
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    good luck ,hope the best for you
  • EllyK09
    Options
    Welcome. You are going to love this site. You get out of it what you put in it and I've found the support to be fantastic! I'm fairly new so please feel free to add!