Its lose not loose

Options
13»

Replies

• MissJennaBelle
    Options
    On an informal forum I can't say I give a whoot as long as I can understand the post... I make the odd mistake but don't we all!? Surely, we aren't all perfect! :noway:
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My sentiments exactly! I thought we were all here to support each other! However, If we're looking for something to blame for the degradation of the English language, try reading our children's text messages. Seriously, the entire art of communication is barely hanging on.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Eye no IM purfct
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I <3 this thread.

Signed,
    Fellow Grammar Nazi
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hell no we're not all perfect, far from it. But my feeling is if someone at least makes an effort to write correctly (silly typos aside), it's a sign of intelligence. I think their opinions may be more respected and carry more weight than anyone who writes 'c u nxt tues m8 yeah 'av a cider n a finger beehind bus shel'er'.

Some text such as LOL, WTF etc in my book is fine, I use them all the time but I can be understood with what I type. And bugger me, I'm registered as dyslexic, if anyone should be writing twoddle it's me!
  • phinners
    Options
    My sentiments exactly! I thought we were all here to support each other! However, If we're looking for something to blame for the degradation of the English language, try reading our children's text messages. Seriously, the entire art of communication is barely hanging on.
    My 12 yr old would go without food and drink and shelter for a week if he typed/text like that! And he knows it hehe.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    lol my 14 yr old niece was chating with me on facebook and she kept saying wut insted of what.When I asked her why she said because it was easier.You know what I hate WhEn PEoPle TyPe LiKe ThIs. wtf
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    :ohwell: :yawn:
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was ironic that I was grammatically incorrect on a grammatical correction thread.

Now I watched a programme that said Alanis Morrisette's song "ironic" was full of things that weren't actually ironic at all. So 10,000 spoons when all she needed was a knife wasn't ironic. For it to have been ironic, she would have needed to be a spoon maker. Or a general cutlery merchant maybe. Although for all I know, she may well have been big in spoons before her music career. I digress. My point is, for your statement to have been ironic, you would have needed to have been a grammar teacher.which maybe you are. :laugh:

And I'm not even sure that anything could have made a black fly in her chardonay ironic. That's just annoying.
  • kettlewitch
    Options
    SOOOO glad you said that! The amount of spelling mistakes I see on here is disgusting!

eg: lose/loose; exersizing....(WTF) and Calory (Yes I really didi see that one!!)

But was it supposed to be calorie or celery?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was ironic that I was grammatically incorrect on a grammatical correction thread.

Now I watched a programme that said Alanis Morrisette's song "ironic" was full of things that weren't actually ironic at all. So 10,000 spoons when all she needed was a knife wasn't ironic. For it to have been ironic, she would have needed to be a spoon maker. Or a general cutlery merchant maybe. Although for all I know, she may well have been big in spoons before her music career. I digress. My point is, for your statement to have been ironic, you would have needed to have been a grammar teacher.which maybe you are. :laugh:

And I'm not even sure that anything could have made a black fly in her chardonay ironic. That's just annoying.

lmao
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: :yawn:

:laugh:

Agreed.
  • jrow5
    jrow5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laughter on a Monday morning!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    lol my 14 yr old niece was chating with me on facebook and she kept saying wut insted of what.When I asked her why she said because it was easier.You know what I hate WhEn PEoPle TyPe LiKe ThIs. wtf

Holy Crap! ThAt DrIvEs Me FrEaKiNg CrAzY! Not cute, or whimsical....AnNoYiNg!
  • lbissett79
    lbissett79 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

lmao

What I put was ironic. Just because you saw a show about a has been musical artist doesn't mean that logic holds true for every statement that claims to be ironic. It is ironic that you are laughing at this...
  • kettlewitch
    Options
    It would probably be ironic if I was a comedian but I'm not. I'm a miserable accountant. I used to listen to a lot of Alanis until my then bf told me to pack it in because she was making me too angry. And miserable.
  • phinners
    Options
    She's a bitter and twisted ole *****!