I GIVE UP!!! – Should You?

Options

Replies

• _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Great pics and great story. i decided a long time ago that I don't care what I weigh, as long as it is a healthy, good looking weight. I am doing cardio plus weight training 3 times a week (can't wait to have time to do P90X again) with the results of losing fat and gaining muscle and am seeing both. One day I hope to have a similar post to yours.

You mentioned in a previous post that ab workouts are a waste of time. Does this pertain to losing stomach fat or gaining the 6 pack?
    You can do it -- it sounds like you have a good game plan in place

As far as Abs I really don't see the point in working them out to start off with - you get more burn/benefit via other exercises. Everyone has abs / there just hidden! Don't get me wrong core / crunches are important but initially I think it's not an area to invest your time in...

I've recently starting working my Abs 2x a week (max) as my bf is much lower now.

Good luck!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Yikes! How did I miss this? :(

Grunty, you are an inspiration hun. Not many people have the dedication and commitment to get THAT ripped! :bigsmile:

But what's even more important are your 2 messages:

*Eat!!!

*Don't worry about what you weigh!!!!!

I must spend half my life telling people to eat more. Not that I have any great success story with awesome pictures to match like yours, but I know my problem, I lack dedication, not logic!

Congratulations on your success!! You're a fine figure of a man and should be very proud of yourself :bigsmile:
  • sherrywoody1
    Options
    Fantastic post! I was going in the right direction this summer and started focusing on the fact that my weight wasn't going down ... but in inches I was. Even though I was weighing the same I was wearing smaller clothes. I got so caught up in the scale numbers that it overwhelmed me. Thank you for you insightful post. Exactly what I needed. With your wisdom you need to do a weekly post. :D
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    6) Failure is imminent when you accept a setback as being more than a temporary state. I have gained fat back, hit a plateau(s), need to take break(s), have been unable to exercise (insert reason here) and so on.. Don’t focus in on the “failure”. Some form of regression usually occurs anytime you make progress.

Perfect timing for you to post this. Amazing transformation. Thanks for posting
  • harmonykay
    Options
    WOW!! you look great. I think i'll give up too. how did you get those rock abs?
  • _Bro
    Options
    Yikes! How did I miss this? :(

Grunty, you are an inspiration hun. Not many people have the dedication and commitment to get THAT ripped! :bigsmile:

But what's even more important are your 2 messages:

*Eat!!!

*Don't worry about what you weigh!!!!!

I must spend half my life telling people to eat more. Not that I have any great success story with awesome pictures to match like yours, but I know my problem, I lack dedication, not logic!

Congratulations on your success!! You're a fine figure of a man and should be very proud of yourself :bigsmile:

Thanks Anna -- Yes, a game plan that involves not eating is a bad one :)
    I've actually become a fan of frozen veggies - they:
    1) Appeal to my lazy quick cooking needs
    2) Cheap, and fresh (Flash frozen)
    3) Full of fiber to keep you full!

I appreciate your kind words..
  • _Bro
    Options
    WOW!! you look great. I think I'll give up too. how did you get those rock abs?

Actually, changed my nutrition and started eating more and stopped trying to work my ABs out multiple times a week.
    I'm still working on them but I purposefully don't overdo it -- everyone has Abs and we work them out indirectly every day (Walking, Running, Stabilizing, etc)..

I am going to start using weights to get a bit more definition I hope but I will not fall into the trap of over working them 1-2x a week max!

Good luck!
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    WOWZER!!!!! :noway: GREAT JOB!!!!
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump

So glad I read this tonight.....this is a fantastic post.......thank you so much your honesty and your story!
  • icandoityesican
    Options
    good job! wow
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Impressive, you look great!

"What was the problem?
    -I looked like a skinny rat.
    -My diet was not sustainable.
    -Failure was imminent? My new lower weight provided me with a lower metabolism due to fat and muscle loss.
    Without the support of lean muscle, minor easing of my diet resulted in the pounds returning. My diet was a trap!"

Perfectly put. There's a couple people I know that could benefit from your words!
  • happymom1197
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful message! This is just what I needed to read right now. I've been arguing with myself about losing 20 more pounds, cutting calories, increasing time spent working out. I'm in my goal jeans and should be satisfied with that. I'm training for a 5k and am making great progress. I'm mixing up my workouts and I'm even enjoying a cookie every now and then. Y do I feel the need to diet? Life is good- I wish I could just be satisfied.
  • _Bro
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful message! This is just what I needed to read right now. I've been arguing with myself about losing 20 more pounds, cutting calories, increasing time spent working out. I'm in my goal jeans and should be satisfied with that. I'm training for a 5k and am making great progress. I'm mixing up my workouts and I'm even enjoying a cookie every now and then. Y do I feel the need to diet? Life is good- I wish I could just be satisfied.

Sounds like you are on the road to success!
    Diet has a negative connotation to it - I'm just trying to eat healthier. Will I modify my nutrition to try and reach some goals sure!
    Will I have something bad for me every now and then? Yep but I will try to make it a meal and do it earlier in the day...

Also, it's fun to try and eat better and healthier -- today my post workout meal was a PIE :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/grunt1/view/eat-pie-get-ripped-71853
  • _Bro
    Options
    Impressive, you look great!

"What was the problem?
    -I looked like a skinny rat.
    -My diet was not sustainable.
    -Failure was imminent? My new lower weight provided me with a lower metabolism due to fat and muscle loss.
    Without the support of lean muscle, minor easing of my diet resulted in the pounds returning. My diet was a trap!"

Perfectly put. There's a couple people I know that could benefit from your words!

Thanks!
    Incremental changes to my nutrition + exercise has yielded better results for me..

The extreme diet did not (over the long term)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Awsome and well said!!
  • miatavixxen
    Options
    oy! all i can say is yum! pic 3 is a piece of art!
  • hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I agree. I loved your rant. :smile: a lot of times I tend to just read a little bit of this or that....but I read every word you wrote. I'm not feeling the best today, but what you wrote makes so much sense. :heart:

thanks! I will try to keep myself focused on keeping things in balance....eating healthy and exercise. It sounds so simple. :bigsmile:
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    WOW!
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. I posted about how I only focus on inches rather than weight. I don't even step on a scale. It actually helps me by seeing pictures of myself and seeing inches go down. Pounds do not mean anything to me if I don't see them on the scale. I do have to make sure I eat enough because that can become a big issue for those wanting to lose. But if you are not taking in enough calories, then your body is going to try to keep what calories/fat you are taking in.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Great post :)

Charmagne
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!