Sorry to be gross, but a question...

Options
13»

Replies

• JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    How do you guys handle constipation while cutting calories?

I cry a lot.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I take 2 psyillium capsules and an acidophilus everyday. It has pretty much cured my IBS.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I actually have an appointment today with a new gastroenterologist! (Happy <3 day, lol) I have suffered with IBS my whole life. I will ask her and report back!! =)
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ground flax seed meal is the best!! They have a lot of soluble fiber that helps a lot...I drink 1 tbsp dissolved in a glass of water, first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach and It works....
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand whats different about my system or maybe I am just weird but I go everyday at least twice. I do drink lots of water, I really only like to eat whole grain bread & with trying to keep my cholesterol low (my bad is bad for a diabetic) I have been trying to eat healthier as well. I find that it seems like certain coffee makes me go as well.
  • libertyj77
    Options
    I eat fiber like crazy. I can never eat enough than I eat to much so I will go weeks w/o a BM......I went to my doctor who said that it is not healthy to go that long. He looked at my food diary and said there is no reason I shouldnt be going. SO he prescribed me medication that had too many side effects AND could make you dependant on it...So I rejected his prescription. He than gave me info on the vitamin Magnesium. I take 1000mg every day (5 in the am and 5 in the pm) with my meals. I love it! No runny mess but soft enough to pass on a regular basis. Colonoscopy also came back that I have the "cleanest bowels that they have ever seen" :-) Love it!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Fresh spinach and a container of baby wipes!
    LOL

Good advice

For my, exercising does the trick
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

I cry a lot.
    Am I a bad person for LOL????
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I cry a lot.
    Am I a bad person for LOL????

No. Hahaha!
  • jrow5
    jrow5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    huffing, puffing and general swearing.

LMAO!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    EWWWWWW!!!!! Just kidding. If you increase your fiber intake , you MUST increase your water intake as well.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I eat tons of fiber and still have issues. 'Colax' by standard process usually gets me moving. If not, enemas do...
  • outersoul
    Options
    Whew...good to see others going through this. I need to start back on my oatmeal for breakfast kick.
  • crlujan
    Options
    Psyllium husk in my protein shakes.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem too. I thought it was weird, but now I know I'm not alone.

I find that a cup of coffee helps me out. Of course as everyone else has said, water. I try to have a glass of water for each cup of coffee. I usually only have 1-2 cups a day.