Those days your sitting around and thinking about food..

Options
What do you do? How do you spend your time between meals other then exercise? I drink water, chew on my sugar free gum, take a hot bath..etc. There are times i have to force myself to not eat when im bored or whatever.

Replies

• janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    At work I have plenty to keep me busy LOL. But I've started cleaning when I'm at home - my house has never looked better.
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    work out! it changes my weight loss from passive/negative (sitting around trying not to eat) to active! then I can come home and have chocolate milk or whatever i was craving before 'cause i worked off some calories and did right by myself.
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    ooh, my bad. i didn't read your original post carefully. what to do OTHER than exercise? in that case, i read in the bathtub. it's far away from the fridge. or i create something-- do art, write a letter. it's absorbing and fulfilling.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I get on here and comment on everyones weight loss, their food diary, their exercise for the day.....Doesn't leave me much time to think about food =]
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Look at websites/magazines with HEALTHY foods/recipes and start thinking about all the good things I can make that will nourish me and my family!
  • JeanK56
    Options
    I try in the evening to work on my embroidery or knitting, but find if I am left all alone after everyone else has gone to bed to be my worse time of all. I'm not always ready for bed, but might have to just go upstairs to the bedroom as I don't eat there at all.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm counting housework and yard work as exercise... I guess "non-exercise" distraction activities are beading, reading, writing, and messing around on the internet.
  • leslieaht
    Options
    I have to keep my hands busy or they will be popping peanuts and cheeze-its into my mouth. Jigsaw puzzles, cross-stitch, knitting, quilting -- I have to have some "project" going on at all times.
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    Thats usually when I start googling "before and after weight loss pics" for inspiration to NOT start eating, because I definitely have those days. They suck too!!!!
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I get on here and comment on everyones weight loss, their food diary, their exercise for the day.....Doesn't leave me much time to think about food =]

This is exactly what I do. It positively reinforces me...kinda like an AA meeting.

Also, I eat. There is no reason to not eat, if you are sitting around thinking about food, then eat, but make it healthy and make it count. I eat all day long. Seriously, only like 25-30 percent of my calories are consumed during meals. I have like 20 entries under snacks, but they are things like grapefruits, apples, green beans, celery, etc. If you are a bored eater or a nervous or emotional eater, then I think a healthy move is to change your food focus gradually so you are eating healthy stuff. Counter your hunger and cravings with positive clean burning calories.
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yep - anything to keep busy. For me, either some sort of activity (go outside and check on plants, walk around the house...anything!) or if inside, chores (yawn!) or something a little mind-intensive on the computer (I do a lot of photo editing and web page stuff that can make me concentrate and not think about much else..).
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    brush my teeth. Food always tastes weird on freshly brushed teeth.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I come here and read all kinds of posts like this. :~)

You could read, do crossword puzzles, clean.
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    How about...get a job and get a hobby?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    At work I have plenty to keep me busy LOL. But I've started cleaning when I'm at home - my house has never looked better.

haha... yeah, this! If I just get up and do something, it's easier to ignore the cravings. And there's always something that needs to be done around here.
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    What do you like to do? What interests you? Reading? Playing tennis? Meeting new people? Taking Spanish classes? Learning to Tango? Studying the mating habits of the beetle? There are a million gazillion things to do with your time - other than eat. It seems to me that the purpose of eating is to keep your body alive so that you can explore all those wonderful things.... :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I sleep (if I have a choice in the matter lol). I love having a nap. But I'm usually stuck working :( So I'm bored, and stuck sitting at the computer....so not cool.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If I'm not at work, I'll clean the house, read a book, go on the computer, or play with my daughters. If the weather's nice, I'll go for a walk or do something outdoors.