Wii Fit Weekly Challenge

Options
Who's up for a weekly challenge for those of us who have Wii Fit (or Wii Fit Plus)?! A little something to keep us motivated throughout each week, and a place to go for encouragement, support, tips, advice and friendly chats.

The general idea is this: I will choose (or, better yet, we can come to a general consensus on) a specific Wii Fit activity or exercise each week and create some type of challenge out of it. No scoring-based competitions -- we're keeping this one a lil less competitive and a lil more personally challenging than that. ;)

Anyone is welcome to join at any time, so hop aboard if you're up for it!

So, without further adieu, here is our first Wii Fit Weekly Challenge:

+=+=+=+=+ ONE HOUR or more of WII FIT Basic, Advanced, or Free Step +=+=+=+=+

Feel free to incorporate this into your regular workout routine in any way that suits you -- all in one go, a few minutes a day, anything goes! Stop back here and let us know how/when you complete it, and encourage others to complete it as well!

Anddddd.... GO! :-D

Replies

• ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm up for it. It's about time I brought out my Wii fit again.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'll jump in. Can't be sure how well I'll be able to keep up with it with my other workouts, but I'll do my best! :)
  • doingit4myprincesses
    Options
    Sounds like fun. Right now that's all I can do for exercise, so this will help make it even better!!
  • TLCSME
    TLCSME Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will if I can get my Wii working again. :)
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'll jump on board! Just finishing my challenge to burn 3500 cals in a week on wednesday so this will fit in nicely!

So 1 hour of wii step it is!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    IS THERE ANYWAY JUST TO KEEP DOING ONE THING FOR AN HOUR LIKE STEPPING WALKING RUNNING..OR DO U JUST KEEP STARTING OVER??
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Oh, I so need this! Yes, I will definitely be working it in or adding it on! :) Thanks!
  • lesleed
    lesleed Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wanna join in! It sounds like fun!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining, everyone! Welcome!
    IS THERE ANYWAY JUST TO KEEP DOING ONE THING FOR AN HOUR LIKE STEPPING WALKING RUNNING..OR DO U JUST KEEP STARTING OVER??

I'm pretty sure we'll just have to start over after each ten minute increment. :)
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure we'll just have to start over after each ten minute increment. :)

Hi,

I'm in if I can do Walk it Out - a wii game. The ten minute increment on wii fit drives me nuts.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in if I can do Walk it Out - a wii game. The ten minute increment on wii fit drives me nuts.

You absolutely can... welcome! :)
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

In the Free Step option you can keep going until you stop it!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I already have been doing the Wii Fit Plus since I got it for Christmas.
    I usually do a half hour everyday sometimes more on my days off. Does this count for this challenge.
    How do we enter our time and calories and when? Are we recording daily? Please let me know.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options

In the Free Step option you can keep going until you stop it!

I wondered about this!! (Free Step is the one thing I haven't actually tried out yet.. been sticking to Basic or Advanced lately). So, thank you for correcting me and filling us in!! :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

If you do free step you can do it for 30 minutes. With the guided ones (with the music) it'll only let you do 10 minutes.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I already have been doing the Wii Fit Plus since I got it for Christmas.
    I usually do a half hour everyday sometimes more on my days off. Does this count for this challenge.
    How do we enter our time and calories and when? Are we recording daily? Please let me know.

It definitely does count! Stop back here and record/update us as often as you wish/are able to. I'm just getting this off the ground, so maybe we can come to some sort of agreement/consensus on how often to record/update and how to enter our time, if we want to do weekly weigh ins at any point, etc. Suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. I want to make this a real group effort, and not dictate everything myself.. hehehe.. :) Please feel free to add your input in any way you see fit, to support yourself and the group effort! :)
  • rawmeat
    Options
    I'm in!! I need to get some new batteries, but I'll grab them tonight and it's on!!!
  • curran80
    Options
    I am so up for this, I do my Wii fit most days as I have a wee one it is the only thing she lets me do!!!

Starting from tomorrow do we post daily how long we have done like:

Tue-
    Wed-
    Thurs-
    ect

or shall we just post a weekly total? I prefer the daily thing as it makes sure I will do it every day!
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I need to get some new batteries, but I'll grab them tonight and it's on!!!

I'm in! This post reminded me that I have a major battery shortage - I keep switching them from one device to another. :laugh:

I'll plan on checking back here AT LEAST every Monday, with my challenge results and weigh in results. Mondays are my normal weigh-in day, so this will work out great for me. Thanks, MaryTheIceCube, for getting us started.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am so up for this, I do my Wii fit most days as I have a wee one it is the only thing she lets me do!!!

Starting from tomorrow do we post daily how long we have done like:

Tue-
    Wed-
    Thurs-
    ect

or shall we just post a weekly total? I prefer the daily thing as it makes sure I will do it every day!

Daily works for me too!