Love to have some more CrossFit Friends!

Options
I've been doing CrossFit since December and I absolutely love it. I'd love to have more friends on here that are also doing CrossFit workouts too!

I started my weight loss journey in September as morbidly obese doing circuit training type workouts with a trainer. In December I switched to CrossFit, and the inches are just melting off me. I'm not necessarily losing a ton of weight at this point (I've lost 36 lbs. to date) but I'm definitely gaining muscle, toning up, and getting stronger.

Anyway, I'm happy for all the support here, and if you'd like to be friends and not doing CrossFit that'd be great too! :-)

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Cross fit, wanna explain please!
  • xbabeykayx
    Options
    Im not currently doing crossfit but im interested to know what it is?? x
  • Actuality
    Options
    I really want to do crossfit. But I am sooo itimidated by the workouts!
  • andreanoly
    Options
    CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that many police academies and military use. Its an intense workout that combines weightlifting and cardio.

Today's workout was 2 rounds of 21 Burpees, 21 Kettlebell snatches, 21 knees to elbows, 21 sit ups, and 21 push ups, and we do them for time, or as fast as we can.

Tomorrow's might be 2 minutes each of Squats with a 30 second rest, Push Press maximum reps with a 30 second rest, box jumps maximum reps with a 30 second rest. 2 Rounds. Short workout, but INTENSE!
  • andreanoly
    Options

Don't be! I do what I can do and I don't feel bad about it. I'm still doing knee push ups instead of regulation ones, I'm still doing range of motion instead of Knees to Elbows. I'm still doing jumping pull ups, instead of a regular one. I can barely jump up on a 10" box, let alone a 2 foot one, but that's ok! I'm still getting my maximum workout that my body needs, and no one is laughing at me.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've been Crossfitting for about 3 years. Can't get enough.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

EVERYTHING can be modified. Having said that, I'm still intimidated before every single workout. But boy do I feel great after!
  • andreanoly
    Options
    bump....anyone else like to be my friend on here? :-)
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    I have been doing crossfit for about 3 weeks now and I am loving it. The workouts are intense but I feel so accomplished after finishing them.
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    We do this in boot camp.. real butt kickers!! But an awesome workout!! Monday we did sets of 50!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    another crossftter here. 11 months!