Any Ladies on Seasonique BC?

Options
Alright Ladies,

I've been on Seasonique birth control for a few years now. I LOVE only having 4 periods a year. However, I have a question for you. Does it make you go completely will-power-less in the week to ten days before your period???

Now, I know what a lot of people would say...that's an excuse, I'm imagining it, etc. But here's the problem with that theory: my body has never figured out the medicine I guess, because I have 4 periods a year, but never during the slated week. It's random and I never know when it's coming.

So this is how it always works: I spend a week to ten days having to be really really strong just to not eat the house and everything in it, having no desire to exercise or eat anything nutritious. THEN, I'll start. I always look back and think, Ohhhh! THAT was the problem.

Anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• dthompson17
    Options
    Not sure....I am just about to get to my third week on my first month of taking it. Do you like it overall? I am a little worried about the period thing as well. Not sure when that is going to happen. So far, I have not really noticed that I am on it. I had to switch from the last brand I was on because I was a little more emotional and I was hungry all the time. I'll let you know if anything changes for me.
  • Colleen1980
    Colleen1980 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do like it a lot overall. I actually take the "lo" kind because I was also overly emotional on the regular, so my dr switched me to lo. I like it better, I just seem to really struggle with food in the days before I start.

I'll be interested to see if you notice this too!
  • geolizzy84
    Options
    I am currently on Seasonique and have been for about 5 years. I usually get my period on time, but I have noticed that the week before I also get really hungry and have to try really hard not to eat lots of high calorie foods- more so than on any of the other brands that I have used. I'm not sure why that is, but I understand your predicament. Other than the ravenous feeling a week before my period, everything else seems to going well with the Seasonique BC.
  • emadigan
    emadigan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think the hunger is a BC thing. I'm not on Seasonique but I also experience a difference in hunger (as in I could eat everything in my fridge).
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this pill. I haven't noticed any crazy eating changes, but I haven't had a TOM in about 2 years. Even better that 4 times a year is no times a year!
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've been on both Seasonale and Seasonique, currently on seasonique. I do experience some "cravings" but nothing outside the usual. If you find that it makes you want to eat right before your TOM then just keep healthy stuff around...veggies and fruits are always better than junk food.