Advice

Options
Just a few questions.
I weigh myself every 5 days... Should I do it more often? Or less? Or does it matter?
Also, I've tried website "calculators" but I seem to get different answers and stuff... So anyone know how I can figure a healthy weight range for my age and height?

Thanks <3

Replies

• kymlynn13
    kymlynn13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try to pick one day every week that I weight myself. I do it on Sundays after I use the bathroom in the morning (gross sounding I know but every ounce counts lol) This gives me a fresh start every week! Plus they say thats the best way to do it, when you wake up before any food and only once a week otherwise when you don't loose any weight your don't get frustrated.
  • jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once a day just to see how much my weight changes. According to the Wii fit program, your weight can fluctuate 2 pounds per day, so I usually record each day and do an average. My offical weigh in for the week is on Sat. morning right after I wake up and use the bathroom. I obsess a little with the weigh in part, but my sister checks hers once to twice a week.
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I jump on the scale every few days but I don't let the numbers discourage me. I know that as I'm working out, I'm gaining muscle so if the scale isn't moving, I take my measurements and go by that. Also, as for your healthy weight range for your height, even that can be tricky. I'm 5'4" and most websites say that my healthy weight range is anywhere from 113-135 lbs. I'm shooting for what makes me feel good about myself, if I like what I see in the mirror.
    Cheers!