What are your gym routines?

Options
Pretty self explanatory! I've gotten really bored of my cardio routine so I wanna know what you guys do when you hit the gym!

Replies

• mrsqueen
    Options
    hi, I go to the Gym evry day now .i walk thre and back so I count that as part of my exercise
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    They key is to not let it get to a "routine". If you do, two things will happen: 1. You'll get bored, and 2. Your body will get used to the activity, and you won't get the same effects out of it like you used to.

I do a bunch of different things at the gym, which I try to vary up. I do weight lifting, both upper and lower, and I vary the body parts and exercises (don't be afraid of weight training, it's great for your metabolism and weight loss). I also take boxing and martial arts classes in the group classes. I also do cardio exercises like jump rope, agility ladders, and running stairs. You can mix all of this in with equipment like the bike, elliptical, and treadmill. There's so much to do at the gym that you should never get bored.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love to do the eliptical, or the gazelle. Both are a little hard to get use to. When I first started on the eliptical I could only go like 5 minutes but I'm now upto an hour. The plus side is they burn lots of calories too. I also have an ab glider and thats alot of fun.
  • kymlynn13
    kymlynn13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A trainer told me that you need to do a quick warm up and a stretch then do your weight training first. Its important to your workout. I do that for about 30 minutes and I pick either my arms or my legs to do for that day. Then I do about 15 minutes on the elliptical, treadmill or bike. Then I go back and work on my abs and butt for about another 15 or so minutes to break up my cardio. Then I go and do another 15 to 20 minutes on the bike, treadmill and elliptical. I do this usually every other day. You need to let your muscles recover. Then on other days my gym offers cardio classes so I do those. which really helps break it up and its a lot more fun than boring treadmill or elliptical.
    Good luck!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    the classes at my gym make it lots of fun. i esp. enjoy zumba, but also take classes for general dance, kickboxing, and sometimes aqua fitness. i also meet with my personal trainer once a week for 30 minutes, followed by 30 min on the elliptical - i then repeat this same routine later in the week. these days i also enjoy doing interval training on the treadmill, and getting a cardio workout on the rowing machine. soon i'll be picking up swim lessons at my gym, and probably pilates reformer classes.

for me, the key is to mix it up and try new things. if i'm bored or dread doing the same thing at the gym, i will not be motivated to go. so i hope you find something that you really enjoy and keeps you going back for more! :)
  • cherryblossom90
    Options
    oh my gosh, i get nervous if i do not go to they gym. or workout. i had 2 whole weeks off from working out due to a leg injury.
    but anyways i see the gym as a way for me too tone.

monday-saturday i get up at 5.30am and run 3-6 kms
    then wednesday night and saturday morning is bodybalance class at the gym. which is yoga/tai chi/ pilates
    then i have one day of upper body workout/toning and one day of lower body workout/toning. the toning days could be any day, i like to mix it up. but i never go to gym on sunday. but i love to run, i live by a local park/lake its really pretty and usually when i go for my runs in the morning all the geese and ducks are waking up and they dry their wings out its real pretty and the air is fresh but yea it relaxes my mind.
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I start out with an hour of cardio. I have to have my MP3 player or I won't even bother trying to get through the hour.

Then I switch to strength training once that is done. I alternate between chest, arms, legs, and stomach.

Once I'm done with that I go back and do a cool down mile and call it good.

Even though it gets boring it's what you have to keep doing! Good luck and I hope you catch a 2nd wind with your cardio soon.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I need a routine it keeps me focused. I do 30 mins on the eliptical trainer (stopping when the calories I've burned reach the nearest 10. I.e I bur 331 calories in 30 mins I'll stop when I reach 340), The I do around 35 mins of interval training on the treadmill. I stretch my legs using the power plate. Then do weights for arms, back and abs. I do this 4 times a week. 1 day (usually friday night ) I'll do 30 mins elliptical trainer and a sunday I do 30 mins Elliptical and an hour of badminton. I only see the days I run as must dos. The others are optional extras depending on how my legs are feeling, (I usually fit them in tho).
    Im sure at some point I'll have to mix this up a bit but the routine is keeping me driven for the moment.