MFP Cycling Gang 09/08/2008

Options
A new week!

Even though I took off last week, I kept track of y'all and you did great!

So, this week, I'm back from taking 9 days off (an extra 2 days thanks to TS Hanna :grumble: ) and am aiming for 100 miles.

Got in 23 this morning.

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    A new week!

Even though I took off last week, I kept track of y'all and you did great!

So, this week, I'm back from taking 9 days off (an extra 2 days thanks to TS Hanna :grumble: ) and am aiming for 100 miles.

Got in 23 this morning.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Got in another 22 miles this morning before heading over to see my sister.

how's everyone else doing??
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I did my normal 10 miles of Mountain Biking this morning. It was dark for too long. I'm either going to have to push the time back 10 minutes or bring out my lights. Dang, I'm sorry Summer is ending.

I've either mountain biked or done a spin class of at least 60 minutes for 14 days in a row. I'm going to see how long I can keep it up. I have a planned day off on the 28th though.

I'm aiming for 50 miles and 2 spin classes.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    14.4 miles this morning on my trainer. I'm hoping to get outside and ride on Thursday, then do a long ride on Saturday.
  • dothompson
    Options
    I blew out my rear shock this morning, so no ride. I had 14 days straight riding at least an hour a day. Oh well, I'll fix it tonight and start back with day one and see if I can beat my record.

It's going to be tough to stay in my calories with no exercise today, but I brought the right food and I'm going to do this.

I want it really bad!!!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    I blew out my rear shock this morning, so no ride. I had 14 days straight riding at least an hour a day. Oh well, I'll fix it tonight and start back with day one and see if I can beat my record.

It's going to be tough to stay in my calories with no exercise today, but I brought the right food and I'm going to do this.

I want it really bad!!!!

Oh yeah, I hate days I can't exercise--it's salad time then :grumble:

I got in only 8 miles today--stopped to visit someone and ended up spending 3 hours there! So turned around and headed back home as it was getting dark. Had a good visit though.
  • dothompson
    Options
    It's 9 and I just got home from work. I am too tired and frustrated to fix my bike tonight. I'm going to have to walk in the morning ( yuck, so pedestrian). Tomorrow I'm in a seminar and so I'll get home early enough to fix the bike and maybe get a few miles in before dark

I can't worry about what I can't control.
  • shorerider
    Options
    Got in another 15.9 miles this morning.

I've decided to go for shorter rides but really push the speed and cardio. I'm trying to get ready for this Bike Leg in the Tri in a couple weeks and my stamina still is really lacking.

But today, I did 15. 9 miles in 1 hour and 1 min! And that was with a steady 12mph wind in my face about 40% of the time! So I think I did pretty good. What a work-out, too!

Got my first "official" cycling jersey in the mail yesterday from a church group I joined and wore it today! I've got photos I'll post here in a bit. Got to get some work done first.
  • jadaigle
    Options
    Great job, Shorerider!

Just finished 12 miles on the trainer.
  • dothompson
    Options
    My bike is broken and this is my third day without excercise. I can't believe how crummy I feel. I didn't realize how positively the exercise affects me on an emotional as well as physical level. Or maybe how easily I'd slip back given the chance. Tonight no matter how tired I am I'm going to fix it and " get back on the horse".
  • shorerider
    Options
    I got in another 22 miles this morning--really pushed it again. Finished it in 1 hour and 23 minutes. Average MPH of 15.9. Felt great afterwards though!
  • dothompson
    Options
    I did my normal 10.5 This morning after 3 days of no exercise. It was so much fun. I don't know why I slip into a slump and miss a few days from time to time. It makes me feel crummy and I really do enjoy the exercise.
  • shorerider
    Options
    None for me today and probably tomorrow, too. too much work. But might try for gym tomorrow if not riding. The weather has turned nasty humid again here for some reason. It's almost 10pm now and it's 80 degrees with 85% humidity. :sick:
  • jadaigle
    Options
    I did 72 miles today. Ouch.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I can't worry about what I can't control.

What an AWESOME attitude! Time for me to adopt that.... I'm glad I jumped in on this thread just to read or I wouldn't have seen your post:wink:

I haven't begun spinning classes yet at my gym but have such a desire too....it backs up pretty well to some water classes I normally take on Sat.'s though so I think I will work to begin to fit one in.

You all are so motivated and inspiring to read these posts...think I'll hang onto this thread to read as inpiration!

Thanks to all for THAT!:flowerforyou:
  • arjames82
    Options
    I completed my 1 hour spin class this morning...burned 847 calories. Unfortunately the indoor spin bikes don't tell you how many miles you've traveled, though I wonder if a pedometer would work on the bike?

I wish I could bike outside! I know HOW to ride a bike, but I am the most accident prone person on earth and I don't want to risk bodily harm.