Who has after C-Section stomach loss success stories?

Options

Replies

• heligal79
    Options
    I often wondered if other women were "numb" around their c/s scar. It still feels soooooooooooo weird after 7 years. I have not been thin since my csection so I am curious what it is going to look like.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If you look at my profile pics, you can see what I looked like before and where I am now. My C-section flab is pretty much gone! It's taken a lot of work for sure, but it's doable.
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm a c-section mama too! My baby is 8 months old and my tummy is nasty!
  • jantawa
    jantawa Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections and still have numbness even though the last one was 19 years ago. And still have the saggy stomach, actually more as the more weight I lose, the more it sags. Ehhh, hopefully when I get down to where I want to be I will be able to get it to firm up some.
  • mmorrison8300
    Options
    I dont think the numbness goes away! As far as the pouch hanging over the scar, I dont think that goes away either. My my had 3 kids, 3 C-Sections, was 5'3 & 130lbs years later, still had the pouch. I guess it all depends on how comfortable you are with your body for how you deal with it. My mom had a tummy tuck & liposuction at 42. I dont think she needed it & I dont think it made that much of a difference. I mean, she was skinny before & that was an expensive way to rid your body of 2 inches of extra skin. I tell myself, and my mom, everyday that if was as petite as her (before the surgery) I would be a happy camper, but she thought it was necessary.
    The thing is with surgeries like that & gastric bypass, its not just a one time deal. These are lifetime commitments you have to make, not to mention the recovery period. It's been about 5 years since the surgery & she still has to wear the clingy shorts, she had a nasty tube draining all the stuff out her body after, she still has to be concious of what she eats (which she doesnt do a good job of). To me it just seems like a lot of work for not a lot of results. We are women, we have children, occasionally we cannnot have them naturally. It is noones fault. We should be proud of our bodies, pouch and all. Like streatch marks, I call them "war wounds" it is a physical remider of the things we have accomplished in our lives, not meant to be removed by un-necessary means. Be proud of it, be proud that you have brought a life into the world, be proud that you have lost the weight!! Dont let a little pouch bring you down!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Another C-section (x2) mom who hates that wheel of flab. As someone else said, I've resigned to living with it even after I've lost my weight, but I do hope it gets considerably smaller. Having it gone would be much better however. :wink:
  • margnutt
    margnutt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also had a C-Section almost 4 years ago and have struggled with the flab. I have recently been doing the slim in 6 exercise program and have seen great results. The ab exercises really work the lower abs as well as the whole core. I recommend that you check it out. It can get boring, but if you stick with it, you will definitely see results.
  • reikichris
    Options
    I have had two c-sections (one less than two years ago). I had the flabby belly in a big way at my heaviest. But as I have lost weight, it has gone away. I don't have that perfect stomach of my youth, but it is getting better every day.
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I had a c section two years ago and it is STILL numb in some parts.. I was this weight before i got preggers...soo ive always had this huge hanging pouch and i hate it... Honestly when i was younger (8) and i started getting a lil pooch i thought it was normal...until the hip huggers came out.. lol

I sure hope that flab comes off if not... tummy tuck will def be an option for me.
  • dianam1973
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections as well (my 2nd was 7 months ago) I'm currently on the journey of losing that pooch too. But I am hopeful because after my first c-section, I trained super hard and got my stomach as flat as can be (you can see pics on my profile.....all the bikini pics are after my first child).

I may be wrong, but it might also have to do with genetics and how well your skin recovers. I know for me, during both of my pregnancies I didn't get not one stretch mark on my belly. I know we are all different and our skin will react differently. Nevertheless, keep working at it and you will get there.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I love adding mommies to my list.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    one c-section, great dr. so very little scar, but since i have been losing weight, scar is going dow and so is my stomach
  • jrevi001
    Options
    I also have the same worry. I just had my c section 6 weeks ago and I keep hearing that it's VERY hard to get rid of because they're cutting through muscle wich makes the muscles weak. I asked my mom about the numbness and she said it will ever go away but the area that is numb will just get a bit smaller.

Also, I've been big since a young young age so I'm afraid even if I do tone a little it will take surgery because I've stretched the skin for so long and because of the c section. I'm gonna keep lookin at this for suggestions!!!
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    My stomach is a mess of scars after a appendectomy my freshman year of high school. A tubal pregnancy that basically exploded and caused me to have my right tube removed between my 1st 2 boys. I have 4 kids....2 natural births and my twins were taken early via C-section. To make a long story short I was in the hospital for 10 days due to a blood clot in my brain causing me to go blind. Then exactly 7 days to the day I had extreme pain in my c-section incision and the DR found a massive blood clot in my incision which had to be cut back open so needless to say I had 2 c-sections in a week! I am noticing the "c-section pooch" is starting to go down a lot. I have been doing lots of cardio and circuit training.....Lots of squats, lunges, plie squats and I have also added 30 day Shred. There really is hope to loose the pooch, I think it just takes time and hard work. Mine isn't completely gone but after 45 days its going away slowly but surely!!!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    AFTER 3 CSECTIONS I AM STILL NUMB LAST ON 5 YRS AGO..I HATE MY STOMACH!! AND THAT FLAP OVER DRIVES ME NUTTS...IF I EVER REACH MY GOAL WEIGHT I WILL HAVE A TUMMY TUCK!1
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have reached my goal weight, minus a little, and my post c-section tummy does look better than it did. It's still a dress size bigger than my hips, but it was two dress sizes bigger, so that's much better. I never had a problem with my tummy area before, even when I put on weight, so it was hard to adjust to it being my one problem area.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to try exercising it away. I never wore bikinis before, so I'm not about to now! It no longer makes my husband think the surgeons made a mistake, so that's good enough for me :laugh:
  • Alannah1980
    Alannah1980 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I had a C section 2 years ago and I had a great big flap hanging down....although I am far from my weight lost goal the hanging skin has reduced tremendously to the point where if I stand in the mirror naked I can actually see the scar (before it was hidden by the flap). I still have the pouch over the scar but at least the hanging bit has gotten smaller so I do think there is hope.

Also what someone said about diastisis recti and crunches is very important. Do some research for the diastis test to see if you have it before going t do major ab work. check out this link http://www.momsintofitness.com/faq-flat-stomachs-and-diastasis-recti

After my baby I had diasticis and I found some simple exercises online that are suppose to help the muscles come back together...and they really work....it takes time thats all
  • Katymom22
    Katymom22 Posts: 121
    Options
    there is some hope for some people i had 2 c-sections my son is eight and my daughter is 3 (as of 2 days ago) I had a larger flap that covered my scar and now my belly is almost completly flat. that being said everybody's body is so differant that you never know. here is a pic of my belly

photo.jpg
  • janew68
    janew68 Posts: 37
    Options
    That would be awesome to see some before/after. I too, had to have a c-section and I still have about 25 lbs to go before I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (my goal weight) and I do see my stomach getting tighter and tighter, but I think the key is going to really build up the muscle, to help with loose skin. What have you found that works best for tightening up your stomach?
  • virgz_fox
    virgz_fox Posts: 26
    Options
    ive had 2 c-sections and i started working out and eating healthy just 3 months ago...heres my success story...im still working it out and having it toned through strength training and a lot of cardio...hope this will inspire you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/219869-26lbs-lost-pics
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!