Really tired after workouts.... what will help with this?

Options
So I've been spending alot of time at the gym latley.... Usuallly between 2-4 hours a day... (Usually broken up between two two hour periods- morning and night) anyway.... Sometimes after one of the tough workouts like immediatley after Im really awake then after about an hour I get absolutley exhausted. Ive been eating all my calories, plus some of my exersize calories. I have also been trying to eat more protein.... Although Im not sure exactly how much protein I should be eating with working out so much... I just try to really focus on that side of things....

I also take Vitamins a multi vitamin and a b complex vitamin... Any other suggestions on what will help me not being drained after a workout?

Thanks all!

~nisha rae

Replies

• bootoou
    Options
    I was told to have a high protein shake or bar within 20 minutes of an intense workout it will help with this... very inportant to also drink alot of water with the protein....
  • jammyone
    Options
    Try using L-glutamine and a Cod liver oil capsule. Works a treat for me!
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Thanks... normally eat a luna bar before or after my workout... think I will switch to the protein luna bars though.... As obviously they should supply more protein than just the normal ones.... Trying to stay as natural as I can... alot of the protein bars out there are packed with some weird chemicles. ;)
  • frogtox
    Options
    Protein after a workout is key in rebuilding muscle and regaining energy.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    If your burning a lot of calories you can try Glycogen replacement right after and it will have your protein in it. Endurox R4, AMP endurance booster, etc
  • bootoou
    Options
    here is a recipe for a No Bake protein bar all natural

6 Tbls natural peanut butter
    1 C quacker oats oatmeal (uncooked)
    6 scoops protein powder
    1 t vanilla extract
    1/2 c water
    Directions:

spray an 8x8 baking dish with Pam. Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix, it will be crumbly and dry. Add water and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, mix until dough forms. The dough will be sticky..spread into pan using pam sprayed spatula. Refrigerate a few hours (or freeze for an hour) and cut into 9 squares. Wrap bars individually, keep cold.

197 calories, 21g protein, 7g fat, 13.7 g carbs, 1.6 g fiber</span></span>
  • frogtox
    Options
    If your burning a lot of calories you can try Glycogen replacement right after and it will have your protein in it. Endurox R4, AMP endurance booster, etc
    I love Endurox.. it's what I use.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I use to exercise like that, it really puts a strain on your body. You may be loosing iron so try takin an iron supplement. Also I've told by 2 different personal trainers that after an hour and a half of exercising your body begins to produce lypocine or however you spell it. Its a form of stress that raises and turns to fat. It's produced in your stomach.