Options
I just joined a few minutes ago. I am a Single Mom of a beautiful almost 5 year old girl. I work 12 hours a day. Losing weight means a lot to me and I am finally going to do it. There are so many reasons but the main one is to continue to be around for my daughter. My Mother had a mild heart attack almost 2 months ago and it made me realize that if I didn't stop doing what I am doing I was going to end up having a heart attack as well. That is no way to live at the age of 27. Yes I am 27 years old. I was thin my whole life. Never had to worry about losing weight. I had my daughter and thats where all the weight gain came. My daughter was 12 pounds when she was born, 23 inches long and 10 days early. But she is almost 5 years old so I can't use the pregnancy as an excuse anymore. I was in a bad relationship which caused me to eat more and feel like I was not worthy of anything. But that has all changed now and I am ready. Working out is easy for me. It's the eating healthy part that will be hard. I would love to have the positive people from this site to help me along my journey. So if anyone is willing to be my internet buddy and help me through this then I'd love to welcome you! :bigsmile:

Replies

• DeannaOnline
    DeannaOnline Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will add you, let's do this together!!!

I have two boys, I'm married but I also work a million hours plus finishing up my master's - time is hard to come by so I feel you!!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to send me an add request. I love seeing my friends succeed. So I'll be there to cheer you on g/f!
  • einc80
    Options
    me too girls!!! i am 7 months pregnant but need to focus on my eating!!! i did great the 1st trimeter with eating and walking but i need to get back on track to maintain at least until may!! than its ON!!!!!!! add me!!
  • ImaMommy
    Options
    Wow. It's so awesome to see you girls wanting to help me. I am here to help you gals too!! Let's do this!! :)
  • jjjohns
    Options
    Support is always great! It's easier to do when you know you aren't alone! I'll send you a request. I have a 7 year old and an 18 month old and I know how long that pregnancy weight can stick around!
  • brittfam
    Options
    Welcome & Good Luck! I have found this site to be so helpful with all the support you get :)
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Here for you chica. My boys are 4 and 23 months. Gained during both, didn't lose any after either one, so you can imagine. Sending a request. Love seeing people succeed and need all the help I can get on my end. Best of luck. Ang :happy:
  • ImaMommy
    Options
    It's amazing how much support you can get from a website. I am amazed and so thankful at the same time. I start my new diet and work out on Monday since I won't have the money to do it until then. How do you girls do it when you have kids who eat what they want? I mean. My daughter is not on a diet so it's not fair she has to join with me. Mac n cheese YUM! lol. This will be a challenge. So you cook your meals seperately? How does that work?