What is your Motto for your new lifestyle?

Options
You know the one you have to think of before you pop that cupcake at work in your mouth? Or the one you say to yourself to make your butt get out of bed to go to the gym?

Here is mine (and hubby hates it-think's it is vain but it works for me): "My body is a temple, treat it well and others will worship." Or more recently "Eat anything you want, just don't swallow"....kidding!

What's yours?

Replies

• in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    "I am not gonna let this take me over.. I am gonna take over it. GO FIGHT WIN!!!!!!!!!!! "
  • rollos_solo
    Options
    No one else can do it but you, and you CAN do this. Show 'em how.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm starting each day with the question: "I wonder what I am capable of accomplishing today?"

Amazingly it's keeping me from getting near the cupcake so far....
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    "Shut up and just DO IT!!!"
  • Rica03
    Rica03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    All Or Nothing....What's it gonna be???
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I just realized how plump and fluffy cupcakes etc are and if I eat those foods I will look the exact same way!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Besides the two on my tracker....lately it has been "If THAT b*tch can do it, so can you!"

Lol, I am very competitive with a very mean lady that I work with, who has recently lost a lot of weight!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I say to myself, "wedding dress, wedding dress, WEDDING DRESS!!!!"

But that's just to get my arms to lift the weights!!!

I actually say to myself, "Everyone says you can't do it. Your best friend, your family, even your DOCTOR. So f***ing DO IT and create a reason to tell them all to GO TO H***!"
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Choices, freedom, pick wisely or you may regret it later. (food)
    Get going, do it, make it count today! (exercise)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    "Less STOP. More GO."

and recently while working out.......

"This pain is only temporary."
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Be stronger than you were yesterday :)
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    " You can do this. Prove them and your self wrong.Let the inner sexy, confident MILF out".
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. - Maya Angelou"

That is my motto and what it pretty much tells me is that if I do not like being fat than I need to do something about it - if I am too lazy to do something about then I need accept who I am and stop bashing myself. Going into month 2 now and I am still on here chipping away. :bigsmile:
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I just grab a handful of my belly fat and say to myself "do you really want to do that?"
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has a motto -- shut your gob and move your *kitten*. I like that but I also like "My body's a temple and I'm not putting THAT into it."

And:

Do something every day that scares you.
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with a massive weakness for potato chips. His motto is "chip pack or six pack?" He says it while visualising himself with rock hard abs.

:)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    *mutter to self* that 30 lbs can come back, that 30 lbs can come back ..... don't let it.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Both in my tagline. :tongue:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    ""One should eat to live, not live to eat.""
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    "I want to be healthy and strong!"