BodyMedia Fit help if...

Options
I'm interested in buying a BodyMedia Fit monitor but is it worth the money ($150) if you don't really count your exercise calories because you never eat any of them???

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I like my bodymedia fit arm band. But I'm nosey and like to know everything. I found out some interesting things too. I was not burning what I thought I was burning, there for I was overeating. And I learned what machines at the gym make me burn the most. Treadmill NOT elliptical. I also found it pretty interesting that some of the video games I play, I burn a good amount and have fun too. I think the armband is pretty cool, but that's me.
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise cals, whats the point of exercising if you eat the cals back? I love my Body Media, it pushes me harder to hit my daily goals, steps, calories, sleep & cal burned. I love it and I think it was worth my 200.00 I paid for it! Good Luck!!
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    True, I thought I was burning more when I was going to my Tae Kwon Do 3 nights a week, and I wasn't burning what I thought by A LOT!!
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So do you find them to be pretty accurate? I read on their website they had like 90% accuracy.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I love mine because it not only counts calories when exercising but calories burned per 24 hours. I burn more than I thought on an average day but less than I thought for my exercise activities. I would spend the money again in a heartbeat.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    The only time i have noticed it was inaccurate was when I am driving in my car. I think thats due to the accelerametor (or how ever you spell it) lol
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input I will give it a try :)