Making a big change.

Options
Ok here goes I am 322lbs and I am working towards a long term goal of 150lbs. I need to do this for my health and I need to set an example for my kids. I don't want them to go through this when I can teach them now. I am currently using the slim fast diet with carb and calorie counting. I also have been pushing myself to make everyday chores more aerobic so I can burn off the calories I do consume that would turn to fat. I am currently nursing my 7 month old daughter and chasing my 5yr old, 3 yr old daughter and my 2 yr old son. I need to drop the weight for them I want to be able to get down on the floor and play with them and run with them outside. I don't want to be the parent that can't keep up. So this is my start and I am making myself accountable to whom ever may read this. I will try to post my current weight every Friday morning and up date my measurements. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I wish you good luck in your journey!
Melanie

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm new here as well - and reading from the pro's, it sounds like they recommend logging in every day, weighing in regulary and of course, staying with it in the long term. I think making short term and long term reasonable goals will help as well!

Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck - you WILL do this.
  • catmandoodle
    Options
    Welcome Melanie. This is an awesome site. It is important that you use the food diary. It has made a big difference for me. Take it one day at a time. If you mess up. Don't fret. Just start again right away. Friend me if you would like to. Good luck. Stay strong.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You can do this.. its a great place to be...
  • xonashwaox
    Options
    WELCOME!!! Lots of support here you will love it!
  • shortly24
    Options
    Welcome! I'm fairly new here, and I'm enjoying it, I'm sure you'll find it a wonderfully supportive environment.

I would encourage you to set yourself some time for a walk each day (if the weather is okay where you are), it will be a lovely time out from the kids, and it will allow them to see you making some positive effort and changes for yourself - and it will help to speed up muscle growth and weight loss too. I know how hard it can be to get time away from the kids to exercise, but I'm sure you will benefit from it - even if it's just 10-15 minutes per day :D
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You'll love this site, it has a lot of great people, information and support!! Good Luck on your journey.
  • WindmillSong
    WindmillSong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new here also- and a mom of 4 too-I know how difficult it can be! Until finding MFP, I have always quit or given up on eating healthy and exercising. This is such a great community, with so much to offer; enjoy it here! :)
  • kiki40
    kiki40 Posts: 19
    Options
    Best of luck to you Melanie! I am here if you ever need any encouragement.
    Add me to your friends if you like!
    Christine