Im afraid I have just binged :(

Options
2»

Replies

• TLW77
    TLW77 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't wait until tomorrow. Start with your next meal. Good luck to you:)
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've found for me that if I have a little bit of what I am craving when I am craving it it keeps me from binging. I love Milky Ways so I keep Fun size in my candy dish. When I want one. I have ONE and keep it moving! This helps me not go over board.

"Tomorrow will be better" will never get you to where you wanna be!

Good Luck!

You're lucky you work this way. My problem is that if I decide to allow myself any kind of sweets, I go absolutely nuts. If there are cookies or doughnuts in the break room and no one is around, I'll say "Well....just one" and end up eating four. I'm terrible like that.

-E
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've found for me that if I have a little bit of what I am craving when I am craving it it keeps me from binging. I love Milky Ways so I keep Fun size in my candy dish. When I want one. I have ONE and keep it moving! This helps me not go over board.

Good Luck!

You're lucky you work this way. My problem is that if I decide to allow myself any kind of sweets, I go absolutely nuts. If there are cookies or doughnuts in the break room and no one is around, I'll say "Well....just one" and end up eating four. I'm terrible like that.

-E

Im exactly the same which is why I never have anything in the house. I cannot have a packet of anything which say has 5 bags in it, or 5 bars, becuase I wil end up eating the whole box!
  • kelsiehulme
    kelsiehulme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    oh dear! ive had a day like this too!! ive been soo good for the last couple of weeks! ive been working out every single day but after dinner ive had a chocolate bar and crisps my stomach looks sooooo full!! and im really mad at myself because it has not made me feel better!! i wont be doing it again!! x
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    Thanks everyone once again.

I know that tomorrow I will just go back to eating the way that I was, today was just a glitch. I feel so tired and run down anyways, and my other half had brought me a cream egg egg, so I have eaten that and that will be the end of it.

I think I needed to do that. I do loads better with eating no treats at all, my only treat being rice cakes and lemon curd if I do crave anything sweet and that was working for me. Until today.

Im very grateful to have people here who care to post to me :heart:
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone once again.

I know that tomorrow I will just go back to eating the way that I was, today was just a glitch. I feel so tired and run down anyways, and my other half had brought me a cream egg egg, so I have eaten that and that will be the end of it.

I think I needed to do that. I do loads better with eating no treats at all, my only treat being rice cakes and lemon curd if I do crave anything sweet and that was working for me. Until today.

Im very grateful to have people here who care to post to me :heart:
    You are a Champ. your getting back up!
  • JenUB
    JenUB Posts: 84
    Options
    You mentioned that you were feeling weak or tired before the binge. This happens to me every so often as well. I get weak and maybe even shaky, and then I have a HUGE binge. No kidding, like I'll consume 1000-1500 calories of bread-type foods in 20 minutes and can't get it under control until I'm stuffed. It happens very rarely, but I believe my body was telling me that I was deficient in carbs or something. Maybe sometimes binges are a benefit. I bet you didn't feel weak afterwards! :happy:
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    You mentioned that you were feeling weak or tired before the binge. This happens to me every so often as well. I get weak and maybe even shaky, and then I have a HUGE binge. No kidding, like I'll consume 1000-1500 calories of bread-type foods in 20 minutes and can't get it under control until I'm stuffed. It happens very rarely, but I believe my body was telling me that I was deficient in carbs or something. Maybe sometimes binges are a benefit. I bet you didn't feel weak afterwards! :happy:

haha no I just felt sick!!!

All back to normal again today.:happy:
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options

Good Luck!

ditto here. .. my friend kept trying to bully me into doing the atkinds diet, told her i knew if I had to go without, I would fail, counting calories means I can have what I crave every now and then without failing. . like today, hit BK to give a special dog a burger, and got myself a plain burger and small fry, it hit the spot, first fastfood I've had in 5 wks :)
  • seashell1600
    seashell1600 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just hand in there...start better with your next meal and don't look back other than to equip yourself with a plan to not set yourself up later. I still struggle with bulemia and bing eating, a work in progress to be more gentle to myself. Thanks for sharing your honesty, we're all here for you. :>
  • hotmooglelove
    Options

I have a friend who blogs about her weight loss. Since 2009, she's allowed herself ONE cheat meal per month. That's it. She started at 263 and now weighs 145ish. Knowing that she could have this meal once a month made her able to be strict with herself for the other days.
    Maybe you could plan for a meal like that for yourself too if you need a release valve.

This is actually a very common technique for people training. The logic is that you can't do much damage in a single day (as long as it's no more often than a bi-weekly event), but you can convince your body that it isn't in the middle of a famine and fend off starvation mode :smile:
  • jimmymonkey
    Options
    OOPS IS RIGHT, AND WE'VE ALL DONE IT. IT'S BOUND TO HAPPEN. YOU'VE BEEN GOOD FOR 6 WKS, CUT YOURSELF SOME SLACK AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. GOOD FOR YOU FOR 6 WKS, AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ! :flowerforyou:
  • dkiles
    dkiles Posts: 45
    Options
    You are human don't beat yourself up.

I have some things that I consider desert and sweet but not diet busters. I like the South Beach diet where they suggest Ricotta Cheese mixed with tsp of vanilla and splenda and then you can add stuff to it like blueberries or some coco powder or a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips or my favorite is a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. It's low sugar and tasty. Some times I'll add a dollop of sugar free whipped cream. I can't keep treats like mini candy bars around because I know how I am. One isn't enough and I won't stop. The no sugar added fudge pops are good too.

Tomorrow is a new day, one day at a time.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Binging is what I have known best for 30 odd years. Don't let it get to you if you have not done that since you started in January. Count yourself as treated and tomorrow get up and get back to it. We all have days that are not so good, but they pass and we can not dwell on them to do so is to give up on yourself and You are worth not giving up!! Repeat this I can do this and I will move on!
    Keep Going . God Bless