I WENT WAY OVER TODAY.. NOW SCARED

Options
OK WELL TODAY MY HUSBAND TOOK ME TO EAT A NICE LUNCH AND ASKED IF FOR JUST TODAY I WOULDN'T COUNT MY CALORIES. I AM WOWED BY THE FACT THAT I WENT WAY WAY OVER MY CALORIES. MY DAILY GOAL IS 1260 AND TODAY I ATE ABOUT 3035. THAT IS 1775 OVER!! I JUST STARTED MY DIET ON THE 4TH AND THIS MORNING MY WEIGH IN SAID THAT I LOST 8LBS. MY MAIN THING IS THOUGH HOW MUCH DAMAGE DID I DO TODAY? WILL THIS MAKE ME GAIN WEIGHT, OR STOP MY WEIGHT LOSS. I AM STRESSING AND SCARED I RUINED THE WHOLE WEEK.

Replies

• Kurtisfrank
    Options
    Not much... You might only lose 1/2 lb this week versus 1 lb. and not to worry because calorie cycling is supposed to help. 1260 might be a little low calorie goal though.
  • 4KidFather
    Options
    You're on a plan, don't let it ruin your commitment, don't worry about a single day. Your calories are very low so make sure your gettingnutritous ones though. Hope you enjoyed your husbands treat! You didn't ruin a week, unless you only are sugar and flour?...
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Not much... You might only lose 1/2 lb this week versus 1 lb. and not to worry because calorie cycling is supposed to help. 1260 might be a little low calorie goal though.

LOL!!! this was actually from me... I was under my husband's still on accident.
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will have too much of an impact. Just continue on your week like you have been and it should be fine. The biggest thing for me is that if I have a bad day it can turn into a bad week. Just jump back on the bandwagon : )
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Agree with you guys....:flowerforyou:
  • sarcastje
    sarcastje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It is like learning how to walk, sometimes you fall, but then you get the hang of it and it becomes a way of life, easy peasy. Personally, when I am trying to eat healthy, i stay clear from all you can eat places or fast food. I know myself and would easily chow down on some bread pudding or what not and they are loaded with calories.

:flowerforyou:
  • rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ok I know the feeling but please forget today.Do not weigh yourself tomorrow.Get back on track tomorrow and you will be fine!!!The effects,I don't know.what I do know from my experience and others is that we all make mistakes THE difference is how we deal with it now!Don't use this as an excuse to keep cheating. You can and will do this!!! I now have a stationary bike in my room.When I can't get to the gym and have overdone it I either run up and down our stairs for a long time or go on the bike to burn it all off or at least some of it!!! Just do better tomorrow:) and next time at a restaurant you don't have to count but I am sure you will have a good idea about what to order;) good luck!!!!
  • Swilson87
    Options
    Actually it could have a seious affect on this weeks weight loss, but probably not the 8lbs. I downloaded an app named "Fast Food" to my samsung fascinate and it has all the restaurants and their menus on it. You can go out with hubby, but find something that wont kill your hard work...
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    3500 = 1 lb. MFP is already assuming that you are eating at a deficit of 3500 or 7000 calories a week. Unless you eat over an excess of 3500 extra calories which in your case is (3,500 + 1,260) = 4,760 in a day you should still lose some weight if you pick up right where you left off! And as was mentioned giving your body a few extra calories every once in a while can help prevent you from falling into a routine and could even help you lose weight.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You are did a good thing here, and so did your hubby! Bless his heart!! You took a nice little detour off the path, and are working at getting back to it. You see what happened, enjoyed it, and are forever moving forward! Don't kick your self so hard! You are fighting the good fight and will win as long as you do not give up. <3
  • MollieMorgan
    Options
    I know that everyone's bodies are different, but I count my calories and work out during the weekend and usually eat whatever I want on the weekend without feeling guilty. I have lost weight more gradually that way (about a year and a half) but I have kept it off. I lost 10 on my own and 10 after I started MFP. I don't deprive myself of eating what I want but I am still seeing results.
  • cerrmann
    Options
    It's what you eat all the time that counts. 1 bad day here and there doesnt matter at all! Sometimes I go crazy with like 3,000 cal days and no weight gain :)
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    No problem. That's equivalent to a half pound. You can get rid of that. Just remember the math when you weigh yourself. You may gain more, but that's not all going to be saved as body fat -- some of it is food and liquids "in transport" and some is water retention from the salt. Remember that 3500 calories equals a pound. Half of that 1750 equals a half pound. That's about what you can expect so keep that in mind if it looks to be way higher than that when you step on the scale.

And with that reasonable head of yours, just jump off that "fat wagon" and get back to real life of eating healthy MOST of the time. That'll get you there. You're human and just did what all of us do from time to time. :) You'll be fine! What WOULD be a problem is if you didn't care or just adopted the "oh well, I've messed up now" attitude and simply reverted back to old, bad habits. That's not you.

Take your half pound lump and move on. You'll be fine. I promise! :)
  • krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    No problem. That's equivalent to a half pound. You can get rid of that. Just remember the math when you weigh yourself. You may gain more, but that's not all going to be saved as body fat -- some of it is food and liquids "in transport" and some is water retention from the salt. Remember that 3500 calories equals a pound. Half of that 1750 equals a half pound. That's about what you can expect so keep that in mind if it looks to be way higher than that when you step on the scale.

And with that reasonable head of yours, just jump off that "fat wagon" and get back to real life of eating healthy MOST of the time. That'll get you there. You're human and just did what all of us do from time to time. :) You'll be fine! What WOULD be a problem is if you didn't care or just adopted the "oh well, I've messed up now" attitude and simply reverted back to old, bad habits. That's not you.

Take your half pound lump and move on. You'll be fine. I promise! :)

love it:flowerforyou:
  • triannataylor
    Options
    I don't think it will have too much of an impact. Just continue on your week like you have been and it should be fine. The biggest thing for me is that if I have a bad day it can turn into a bad week. Just jump back on the bandwagon : )

Agreed!!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I gave in to my pizza addiction on Super Bowl Sunday. I weighed myself the next day and was a pound over my previous weigh-in weight. I got back on the saddle and behaved myself and the next weigh-in, I had lost that extra pound and a wee bit more. You just don't want to make a habit of it.

The best analogy here is you don't respond to a flat tire by poking holes in the other three.

One thing I have learned is I get REALLY CHOOSY when I intentionally fall off the wagon temporarily. If I am going to take in way more calories than I should, I better enjoy the short detour!

Good luck! By the way, the Super Bowl pizza was DELICIOUS! Those cheat days can really allow you to maintain some sanity. When I hit a 10 pound milestone, i always indulge for one day-one meal.