Hi, Hoping this site will be the motivation I need!

Options
Hi, all,

About 5 ago, I lost weight and was happy with my body and health. I had so much will power and self control. Over the last 2 years, I have put on 35 pounds. I am only 5' 2'' so this 35 lb weight gain is almost a 30% gain which is so unhealthy and gross (my cholesterol is high as well). Also, I skipped 8/12 periods last year, which I am guessing is from the weight gain. I've honestly been so busy studying and getting stressed from school that I used food to help me manage the feelings of overwhelming stress and pressure at the expense of my body and health.

Point being, I really want to take control of my life and be the best me possible---healthier and more confident. I'm hoping this website will help me to keep my goal in mind and help me succeed.

Wishing you all the best with your own efforts! To health!

Replies

• BA2JDMA
    Options
    I can relate. I have turned to food for comfort and stress-relief for school and other life difficulties. Hang in there and welcome! This place has been very helpful to me.
    Hi, all,

About 5 ago, I lost weight and was happy with my body and health. I had so much will power and self control. Over the last 2 years, I have put on 35 pounds. I am only 5' 2'' so this 35 lb weight gain is almost a 30% gain which is so unhealthy and gross (my cholesterol is high as well). Also, I skipped 8/12 periods last year, which I am guessing is from the weight gain. I've honestly been so busy studying and getting stressed from school that I used food to help me manage the feelings of overwhelming stress and pressure at the expense of my body and health.

Point being, I really want to take control of my life and be the best me possible---healthier and more confident. I'm hoping this website will help me to keep my goal in mind and help me succeed.

Wishing you all the best with your own efforts! To health!
  • dolphingirl1
    dolphingirl1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Start small, this has helped me. I too lost like 30 lbs a few years ago and have slowly gained most of it back. Just being complacent. I started a tough diet, which was a huge kick start and have been doing good. I did not realize how much I did not really need all the food Im eating. For me going extreme at first is making it easy to stick with it. I have not had anything to drink but water for like 2 weeks now. And Im ok with it, find stuff that works for you. You can do it.
  • spaceylacey
    Options
    This site is AMAZING!!!!! the food section is awesome and beyond helpful....it has everything! and the people on this site are so friendly supportive and informative! good luck with your goals!!!
  • barbieq9
    Options
    Welcome! You will find it hard at first but once you get in the habit of tracking your food and exercise,
    you will find yourself wanting to do it just to see where you stand during the day. I have only last a pound in a month
    but gained 3, lost them and hopefully will lose that 10 lbs the sort of appeared over the last year.

Its not much to lose but at my age (mid 40's)its also alot harder to get it off. WIth a combination
    of walking, pilates, zumba and dancing with the stars videos, I have lost 3 inches off my hips :)
    Good luck on your journey and keep us posted .
  • 2011EP
    2011EP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the welcome and 3 inches is awesome! Can't wait to say the same!