night shifts

Options
Anyone out there working night shifts. how do you get through the night and how do you calculate your calorie intake. Im on 1200 a day but how do i add the night shift intake.
Hilary :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Replies

• fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shifter I post every thing I eat before midnight on that day. The only thing I eat after midnight is snacks and I just apply to next day.
  • princessmedic
    Options
    I'm a night shift person-weekends. And during the week I am back on a day schedule. I count everything between my big sleep periods on one day. I end up a little lopsided on the day my rotation starts and the day after it ends. I am over on the Friday, and under on the Monday....so it all works out for me.
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I work nites 7p-7a nd have struggled with this for about a month...on the days I work I consider my meal b4 I leave for work lunch and my lunch break which is usually at 2am is my dinner for the previous day..nd my snacks also go to the previous day..so when I get home at 0800 I have oatmeal nd label it breakfast but look at it like its dinner. I figure that when I wake up at 4 to go 2 work I am entitled 2 12 hrs for intake like a person working a normal day shift..so that has been workin 4 me.
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i work nights also. i just track what i eat midnight to midnight. it gets too confusing when you have days off and switch back to a day schedule.
  • triannataylor
    Options
    I'm a night shift person-weekends. And during the week I am back on a day schedule. I count everything between my big sleep periods on one day. I end up a little lopsided on the day my rotation starts and the day after it ends. I am over on the Friday, and under on the Monday....so it all works out for me.
    Same... I work all three shifts so I just base "breakfast, lunch and dinner" on when they are in my work day.
    Works for me!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I break my "meals" up into 6 hour blocks, midnight to midnight. Some days I'm up 20 or 24 hours, so it makes it easier for me to account consistently.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I eat a small meal every 3 hours. I work 5 to 5 rotating every week. I go midnight to midnight on my meals. It's more consistant for me. On my first night I usually take a nap before work, so it puts me under calories, but if I am asleep, I don't need to eat.
  • NykoleMazzola
    Options
    i was wondering this the other day. i usually just put in what i am going to eat before i go to work...and ive only been eating anything i brought with me. no snacking on vending stuff or anything and that's been working for me.