What do you listen to when you work out?

Options
Hey guys n dolls--

I work out on the elliptical every other day or so, and I'm getting tired of the music on my ipod. What music keeps you motivated? Post a mini playlist with songs you love to work out to! Here's mine-- it's mostly rap/bass/dance music (don't laugh, lol) PS-- Some contain profanity, fyi :bigsmile: .

Timbaland ft Esthero and Sebastian: Can You Feel It
--Perfect running speed. Says "Can you feel it? Let's Go..., Let'sGo, Let'sGo, Let'sGo!"

Nas: Hero
--"The people need someone to believe in" "Work it like Muy Tai class"

Usher: Hot Tottie
--Classy Usher. :wink: "I got a lotta women who dun tell me what they can do but can you show me babe?"

Black Eyed Peas: Imma Bee
--Bass. "I'mma I'mma swing it this-a way, I'mma I'mma swing it that-a way"

Miley Cyrus: Can't Be Tamed
--Because she's "HOT LIKE THAT" and "Built like that". I think of my workout not being tamed. :D

Fabolous: It's My Time ft. Jeremih
--Why wait? Essential motivator. "GO HARD today, can't worry bout the past... gotta stay on my grind, cuz it's my time"

Kanye West: Lost in the World ft Bon Iver
--Get past the intro, it's a great workout song. Really neat message, set to an amazing beat. Lost? Find yourself. :}

Kanye West: Monster ft Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Bon Iver
--Siiick beat, all-star line-up, plenty of cussing, monsters, pretty funny lines. "My presence is a present, kiss my *kitten*."

Nelly Furtado ft Timbaland: Man Eater
--Oh Timbo :heart: . Upbeat. "She's a man eater, make you work hard..." Men are lean protein anyway, right? ;)))

Daddy Yankee: Mira Mira
--Reggaeton! Learn Spanish slang while you work out! Love it.

Omarion: Speedin'
--Great slower crooning song, awesome for turning the resistance way up and turning it into a stair stepper if you're winded.

Replies

• Phoenyxtears
    Options
    Geeky...meh...but I listen to the RENT soundtrack.
  • buckeyereavis
    Options
    ANY THING BY GAGA...lol

also i love house music!

anything that keeps me going!
  • nannysnowflake
    Options
    1. Girl Talk - Feed the Animals
    This guy does mash-ups of so many different songs, and they are usually pretty energetic beats (YES profanity!)

2. Lady Gaga - The Fame
  • Teeeravis
    Options
    David Guetta, always a fantastic choice :D
  • courtney489
    Options
    I used to listen to rap thinking it would get me motivated, but it really didn't.
    Now I listen to any song I have that just makes me smile. I'll link a screenshot of my workout mix.
    http://i51.tinypic.com/2zzhi8j.jpg
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite songs that really get me motivated are:

Lose Yourself - Eminem

What You Waiting For? - Gwen Stefani

Hung Up - Madonna

Gravedigger - Dave Matthews (it starts off kinda slow, but finishes hard)

Every time I hear these songs when I am working out I really kick it in to high gear

:)
  • wittkimberly
    Options
    Shape and/or Fitness have playlists on their website, that might help! I watch TV shows...I used to do music, but I always knew exactly how much time, or at the very least, how many songs were left! And that just didn't work for me. In my old building, I had a portable DVD player that I would watch and/or hook up to the TV if it was available, and watch Alias, or any movie that I had. At home now, I have a workout room, and as I run, or do circuit training, I watch my favorite shows, or anything I want on Netflix! It really helps me make it through my workouts!
  • SushiPunk
    SushiPunk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Metal, if your into heavy music. Usually thrash with fast guitar solos. Pantera, Shadows Fall and Slayer have really fast repetitive beats to run with. "Reign In Blood" by Slayer is my number one work out song.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I listen to mostly gospel music, the fast stuff ofcourse but I also listen to usher, rihanna, jayz, linkin park, green day, neo, I put the music on shuffle combined with my gospel so when I get fast songs I go fast and when a slow song comes on I slow it down, it's a good way for me to work out. It helps keep my heart regulated and it keeps me from getting bored.
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I listen to mostly gospel music, the fast stuff ofcourse but I also listen to usher, rihanna, jayz, linkin park, green day, neo, I put the music on shuffle combined with my gospel so when I get fast songs I go fast and when a slow song comes on I slow it down, it's a good way for me to work out. It helps keep my heart regulated and it keeps me from getting bored.

I love this! Sometimes I mix my whole ipod with my workout mix, and it does help keep you on your toes. I turn up resistance on slow songs and down and fast ones. :)
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Metal, if your into heavy music. Usually thrash with fast guitar solos. Pantera, Shadows Fall and Slayer have really fast repetitive beats to run with. "Reign In Blood" by Slayer is my number one work out song.

This is on my workout list, along with some lighter rock, punk and alternative. Pretty much guitar and drum heavy, with an up tempo.

Current Top Artists:
    Aerosmith
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Beck
    Breaking Benjamin
    Chevelle
    Coheed and Cambria
    Dropkick Murphys
    Eve 6
    Flogging Molly
    Foo Fighters
    Jimmy Eat World
    Korn
    Linkin Park
    Lostprophets
    Megadeth
    Nirvana
    Rob Zombie
    Seether
    Slipknot
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Stone Temple Pilots
    The Strokes
    Taking Back Sunday
    Tantric
    Taproot
    The White Stripes
    Yellowcard
  • dansmart
    dansmart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Motion Traxx podcast, 155 to 160 bpm. (motiontraxx.com)
  • Reia80
    Options
    Oh! Love this post! Here's some of my faves:

Here I Come - Roots ***** This is a great one to sprint to!
    Set It Off - P.O.D. ***** Another sprinter (This has a portion at the end where he screams "We made it this far! Don't you quit, don't you quit on me!!!" Gets me running to my capacity everytime!)

Tick - Also Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Hearing Damage - Thom Yorke
    I Will Follow - U2
    I Woke Up In A Car - Something Corporate
    L.E.S. Artistes - Santogold
    So What - P!nk
    Ocean Breathes Salty - Modest Mouse
    The W.A.N.D. - Flaming Lips
    The Great Defector - Bell x1
    Like a G6 - Far East Movement

And most recently: Down Under - Men At Work
    This one gets me going because I just planned a trip to Australia and it's totally motivation!
  • dansmart
    dansmart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You need some Midnight Oil to get you in the Australia mind set :smile: