Top 10 favorite "diet" foods...

Options
tamanella
tamanella Posts: 500 Member
Since we're all on this journey together, I thought it would be fun to see what "diet" foods we all love now that we are working toward a healthier lifestyle! And maybe we can glean some great food ideas from each other! Ok, mine are:

1. I love lean cuisine meals (although now that I'm on a sodium restriction...lol)
2. I love steamed veggies
3. I love laughing cow light cheese spread
4. I love skinny cow ice cream treats
5. I love steamed fish
6. I love crystal lite iced tea with lemon and peach tea (helps me get my water in)
7. I love special k crackers
8. I love grilled chicken off the bbq
9. I love celery with light cream cheese or laughing cow
10. I love a good salad with the dressing on the side

What are your top 10?

Replies

• drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love mountain bread! great for making pizzas and wraps and you can even bake it to make chips for dip :)

thats all i can think of right now
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I can only make a list of 10 things? lol

1. Clif Bar - Chocolate Brownie
    2. Cascade Fresh Yogurt in Lemon Chiffon or Key Lime
    3. Trader Joe's Just a Handful of Cashews or Almonds
    4. Broiled Salmon
    5. Organic/Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
    6. Organic veggies (Broccoli, Squash, Carrots....so many!)
    7. Organic Kiwifruit
    8. Near East Rice Pilaf
    9. Trader Joe's Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
    10. Trader Joe's Fiberful Fruit Leather Bar in Apricot
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Salad, low fat cottage cheese with grape tomatoes, bananas, Del Monte cut green and wax beans, yogurt (I freeze yoplait light and eat it like ice cream when I want something sweet), popcorn popped at home with no calorie butter spray, Aldi Fit and Active 100 calorie chocolate cupcakes with creamy filling, and york mini patties (only 50 calories and a terrific craving stopper!). I've also been using a lot of Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets no sugar added hot chocolate (only 60 calories).
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    O% greek yoghurt with honey (and berries); almonds and walnuts, veggies (peas, brussel sprouts, beets: muesli, oatmeal, water, white tea (not tea with milk, but the white tea leaves), organic skinless chicken breasts, pulses (beans, lentils), veggie soups
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    oooh good topic, will have a think!
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    oooh good topic, will have a think!
  • zilla
    zilla Posts: 46
    Options
    1. Sugar free jello
    2. Miso soup
    3. Frozen berries
    4. Quorn Cottage Pie
    5. Subway Veggie Delite Wrap
    6. Stir fred vegetables
    7. Carrots and hummus
    8. Sashimi
    9. Amazing chickpea salads
    10. Aduki beans
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Red wine and dark chocolate!
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    In no particular order.
    1. Kikkoman miso soup (yes it has a lot of sodium but it's great for craving something savory while working and it has practically no calories.)
    2. 0% Greek yogurt
    3. Light Laughing Cow cheese. If you accidentally polish off the whole box you haven't even done too much damage.
    4. Starbucks artisan chicken veggie hummus plate
    5. Air popped (I have one of those pumpers from years ago) popcorn with Pam butter spray. Trying to wean myself off needing the spray...
    6. Raw broccoli, & carrots
    7. Almonds (these are pretty high in calories but just a handful really fills me up and they are really good for you).
    8. Breakstones 1% cottage cheese
    9. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries (good in the yogurt for breakfast)
    10. Whole Foods rotisserie chicken from the salad bar
    11. Sushi & oysters (not together but basically my two favorite foods diet or not, and they're pretty good on the calorie count.
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Also: ThinkThin chocolate protein bars: They have more protein than most of the other ones at my gym, and no sugar.