your favorite fitness gear & gadgets?

Options
I'm curious to learn what your favorite fitness gear are! These are the things I love:

-my Polar HRM
-Gymboss interval timer - it's so awesome and I use it mostly with the treadmill
-Bosu ball - great for strengthening the core
-Zumba clothing - my fave brands are Margarita, KOS, and Body Angel
-Wicking socks
-Takeya water bottle - glass bottle encased with silicone sleeve, so it keeps water tasting pure

What kind of things help get you going in your workouts? =)

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    HRM and headphones
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    of course the hrm. i got the cheap one from walmart though (dont stone me). my resistance bands from academy i think they are sportline, or lifeline or something but they give great resistance.
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    All I have so far is a elliptical trainer, I was wondering what I should invest in to strengthen my arms, work on my core & just tone in general. How important is it to have a HRM?
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    HRM & iPhone...Gotta have my MFP app!! :)
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    All I have so far is a elliptical trainer, I was wondering what I should invest in to strengthen my arms, work on my core & just tone in general. How important is it to have a HRM?

The ONLY things I have at home that I use, is fitness ball (It's VERY versatile), Medicine Balls, Resistance Bands & tubes, weighted wrist bands, and free weights... OH, and TONS of Magazines, and books for inspiration and helping me to keep my workouts constantly changing so I do not get bored and my body does not become too accustom to the same workout and hit a plateau... Oh, I did buy a weight bench, but rarely used it...
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    HRM and headphones

can you recommend any good sports headphones that don't fall out of the ear? the standard iPod ones are horrible. thanks!
  • pyroxian
    Options
    Polar HRM
    Power Blocks (AWESOME adjustable dumbbells)
    Bodylastics Resistance bands for travel
    Android Phone & headphones (mfp app plus tunes - pandora or mp3)
    Decent crosstrainer shoes which made a HUGE difference in comfort for plyo and the like.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options
    HRM and headphones

can you recommend any good sports headphones that don't fall out of the ear? the standard iPod ones are horrible. thanks!

The ones I have are called Motorola MOTOROKR S9-HD and I like them a lot. They're wireless bluetooth.
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

I have an ab glider and I love it. It works your core as well as your arms! I have and eliptical and a gazelle and they are both great!! I also just got a wii fit and love to do their arobic exercises and zumba with it.
  • pyroxian
    Options
    HRM and headphones

The ones I have are called Motorola MOTOROKR S9-HD and I like them a lot. They're wireless bluetooth.

I've looked at those several times (want bluetooth to get rid of the dang dangly wires!) but always worried that the chunk at the back would bounce too much when running - any issues there for you, or do they stay put pretty well?
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options

I've looked at those several times (want bluetooth to get rid of the dang dangly wires!) but always worried that the chunk at the back would bounce too much when running - any issues there for you, or do they stay put pretty well?

They do stay put pretty well and I run with them every other day. The chunk in the back doesn't have any significant weight to it so it doesn't bounce around. They have enough friction when you're wearing them that you can put them in a position that's comfortable and they just stay there. And so far they have survived all the sweat they've been through. I guess I would say I recommend them. There don't seem to be many alternatives out there.
  • xomakaxo
    xomakaxo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My headphones are earbuds that go into your ear (not like ipod ones I've never liked that style). I have "Sony Stereo Headphones" that also happen to block out sound. I used them on an airplane and loved how they canceled outside noise. They stay in my ear when I run on my elliptical. The ones I have also have different sized spare rubbery ear pieces so if your ear hole is a different size, it will still fit. They look similar to SkullCandy ones, but would hazard a guess that sound quality might be better.

Here's the type I have (Amazon):
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX33LP-SLV-Headphones-Silver/dp/B001RB24LO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1297838651&sr=8-5
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My freeweights...my music...and my mind, body, and soul!
  • kelfox
    kelfox Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    HAND WEIGHTS by far are the biggest impact on my workouts!! I use beachbody.com DVDs...addicted to Turbo Fire right now. You haven't experienced kickboxing until you use hand weights. Even add them to your treadmill workout and see the difference. I love my HRM, the calories burned really motivate me. The HRM can't tell I'm wearing hand weights, but your workout jumps a level when you have to control the weight during punches, etc.

I love Rockin Body and Hip Hop Abs, too. The workouts would not be nearly as challenging without my Everlast 1 lbs hand weights from Walmart.com. Seriously, you think I am joking? Give it a try and see how quickly your hangy upper arm fat melts away! Don't get lazy, keep those arms up! I love my Thorlo socks, they bring mucho comfort in my workout. And I am afraid to even mention this, but....when I really want to workout hard....a headband ala 1980's! It really helps me keep focus on working to my extreme without sweat blinding me or wiping my face. Luckily for the public, I only do the headband at home.

Try it, you will love the results and not want to go back. Even my husband loves his!
    Kel
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I love my BodyMediaFit, HRM, treadmill, free weights, kettlebell, and rebounder best.
    I also have an elliptical and a recumbent bike I rarely use and a whole host of DVDs, and the assorted balls bands and mats that go with them.

If you don't know what rebounding is:
    http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Rebounder-Folding-Trampoline-Workout/dp/B000Q6JO0U
    It comes with DVDs and its a great FUN workout that you look forward to doing. After running through the DVDs and learning correct form and moves, I know just do it to my own music because they are annoying on the DVDs.
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Luckily for the public, I only do the headband at home.

I actually like to the rock the headband at the gym :wink:
  • Mark_99
    Options
    My Boxing Gloves, Lonsdale and Rival....
    My Running Shoes, New Balance......
    and i cant wait for them to release the MFP app for the blackberry, i tried to get on the beta test that they were running but wasnt successful :-(

Bring on the training lol
  • fitag
    fitag Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like my :
    - Polar HRM
    - Medicine Ball
    - Bosu Ball
    - Lorna Jane fitness wear
    - Reebok Deck
    - Workout Muse iPhone App
    - Bodylastic Resistance Bands

...and of course now I love my new Turbo Jam dvds ...and not to mention my zumba ones too! :)
  • sunnihope
    Options
    I LOVE my:
    * Polar FT7 HRM
    * a good sports bra is a must
    * weighted handles jump rope
    * the Road~cheapest thing I've found :)
    * Nike GPS+ on iPhone
    * my iPhone!!!!! ~it's got my tunes, my running mate (Nike GPS+), and MFP if course!!