30 Day Shred Challenge - Week 2 - Sept 8 to 14

Options
1235»

Replies

• AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I've been MIA - I was at a resort with a friend - lots of walks and swimming, but no shredding! I forgot the DVD at home (what would Freud say about that...).

I'll be shredding again tomorrow!
    :flowerforyou:
    Amanda
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've got a nasty cold so I haven't been shredding the last two days either. :ohwell: I have ached all over, even to the point that my scalp hurts! So I am taking it easy. I'll be back at it in a couple of days.
    Keep it up!
    Melissa
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I did Level 3 this morning ..... at 4:45 am!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! But ..... I felt such a feeling of accomplishment afterward!!! Then I went to school (PTA student) and during my Therapeutic Exercise lab class - we did all Core stability and Core strengthening ..... 1 1/2 hours of it!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy were my abs feeling it afterward. If I might brag for a second ...... I was able to do more than most in my class ....... and I'd like to publicly thank Jillian Michaels for that .......

"Thank you, Jillian, for kicking my butt (quite literally) and getting my core as hard as a rock (exaggeration there)." :flowerforyou:

Keep going, fellow Shredders!!! Feel the BURN!!! :drinker:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Yesterday was my last day of Shred L3. I have gone down one pants size and my arms are awesome. I've decided to go back and do L2 for 1 week with 8 lb. weights instead of 5. What a difference! My arms were screaming!
  • momandwife
    Options
    Yesterday was my last day of Shred L3. I have gone down one pants size and my arms are awesome. I've decided to go back and do L2 for 1 week with 8 lb. weights instead of 5. What a difference! My arms were screaming!

GREAT JOB!!!

So tell me/us ...... how did you do it - did you start at level 1 for 10 full days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days ...... or what??

I've just been bouncing around doing all the levels ....... well, really alternating levels 1 and 2 ..... I've only done Level 3 twice (wow - hard). I'm not sure if it's best to do the same level day after day or to alternate like I've been doing. I also alternate 3 and 5 pound weights (that's all I've got right now).

Again ...... GREAT JOB!!!! :drinker:
  • lisarae
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!

So tell me/us ...... how did you do it - did you start at level 1 for 10 full days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days ...... or what??

I've just been bouncing around doing all the levels ....... well, really alternating levels 1 and 2 ..... I've only done Level 3 twice (wow - hard). I'm not sure if it's best to do the same level day after day or to alternate like I've been doing. I also alternate 3 and 5 pound weights (that's all I've got right now).

[/quote]

Yes, I did 10 of L1, 10 of L2 and so on, six days a week. I think that's what Jillian reccomends. Now, I'm going to increase my weight level and maybe try for 2 levels per day? Not sure where to go next. Maybe I'll add another workout tape and Shred a few times a week.
  • AJCM
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!

Hey Lisarae,

GREAT work for you!

The levels.... I think her idea is to work through the levels, as she says, "You progress from level 1 to level 3". However, I think that you can jump around. I personally like to mix it up to give my muscles a break and challenge others, but it's up to you!

How are you doing on the shred? Refresh my memory - did you lost this week?

Take care,
    Amanda

Yes, I did 10 of L1, 10 of L2 and so on, six days a week. I think that's what Jillian reccomends. Now, I'm going to increase my weight level and maybe try for 2 levels per day? Not sure where to go next. Maybe I'll add another workout tape and Shred a few times a week.
    [/quote]
  • AJCM
    Options
    Ladies!!! We are approaching the end of week 2... how are we doing?

I took a little vacation this week with a friend and our kids, but I'm back in action!

Have a great weekend of shredding, and see you all Monday for the check in!
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I am still doing pretty well. I have been doing shred about 5 days a week along with my other workouts. I alternate between the 3 to give myself variety. I have even got my husband (who hasn't worked out for 2 years) doing it. I am very proud of him.
    I have never done workout videos at home before because I did not have the motivation. Now I love it. I still run and go to the gym for weight lifting. My gym does not have any classes, I love classes. So I have been ordering all kinds of workout videos from Netflix. So, thanks AJCM for helping me step outside my box.
    Good luck everyone, and keep shreding. And don't forget to check in so we know how you are doing.
    Have a great weekend.
    MK
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I did not shred last night:sad:
    Before I knew it the clock read 10pm, and usually I will do it anyway, but last night I was exhausted. Back at it today. SO that makes me taking 2 days off since we started, so I am not going to beat myslef up too much, but still, I always feel better after I shred.

Happy Shredding!!!
  • momandwife
    Options
    Friday morning I did Level 1
    Saturday morning I did Level 2

Things are going great - I haven't missed a day of Shredding yet!! Since I am addicted to weighing myself - currently I am down 2 pounds this week ....... but we'll see what I am on my "official weigh in day" which is Tuesday!! .......crossing my fingers ........ :tongue:

Also ...... while I was at work on Friday ...... someone noticed!!!!! YEAH!!! I am horrible about taking compliments too - I guess it's just not in my nature to do that - but deep inside it felt AWESOME!!!!! :happy:

Great job everyone ...... the 30 days is almost half over!!! :tongue:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Levels 1 and 3!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: 438 calories!! Yipee!!! I am resting tomorrow (well at least from the shred) and next week will be levels 2 and 3. Have a great weekend!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I am still doing pretty well. I have been doing shred about 5 days a week along with my other workouts. I alternate between the 3 to give myself variety. I have even got my husband (who hasn't worked out for 2 years) doing it. I am very proud of him.
    I have never done workout videos at home before because I did not have the motivation. Now I love it. I still run and go to the gym for weight lifting. My gym does not have any classes, I love classes. So I have been ordering all kinds of workout videos from Netflix. So, thanks AJCM for helping me step outside my box.
    Good luck everyone, and keep shreding. And don't forget to check in so we know how you are doing.
    Have a great weekend.
    MK

Glad you are doing so great!!!
  • lisarae
    Options
    Did L3 in addition to a 1 hour walk pushing double stroller---weather was decent when we left but downpoured on the way back. Luckily I brought the stroller rain cover. Unluckily, I didn't bring one for me!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Did L3 in addition to a 1 hour walk pushing double stroller---weather was decent when we left but downpoured on the way back. Luckily I brought the stroller rain cover. Unluckily, I didn't bring one for me!

Look at you - doubling up on your exericse!!!

See you all Monday for check in!
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    continuing with the challenge...i am addicted. My daughter came home from college this weekend and actually noticed I looked more toned. YES!!!

I just got my sister to buy Shred.....it works....20 minutes.....very easy.....now, just need to get more cardio. I can't seem to find the time to run during the week. I am back teaching and spend a lot of time at work and at soccer games! I do run 6-7miles on Sundays....something I look forward to each weekend.

Good luck everyone!
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Checking in....I have weigh in on Tuesday. Still switching between 1 and 2, I am not "fit" enough for 3...YET!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT GREAT weekend!:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Allisgood and Emikarls - you ladies are DEDICATED!!!! Awesome work!!!!

I was on a little vacation this week, and although I'm back at it, I peaked at the scale, and it looks like nothing gained, nothing lost.
    :ohwell:

See you all tomorrow for check in! Can't wait to celebrate some of you "losers"!
  • AJCM
    Options
    TIME FOR END OF WEEK 2 CHECK IN!!!!!
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Here is the link to the new post....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/25415-30-day-shred-challenge-week-3-september-15-to-21