How do you burn 3500 calories exercising in one week?

Options

Replies

• carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If I'm working, I usually hit the gym for an hour or so of strength training (we have a gym at work, and a lot of spare time, so it works well that way). If I'm not working, I usually strength train for an hour in the morning, then add an hour of cardio in the afternoon. That's usually good for 6000 to 8000 calories a week, with weekends off.
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It's real simple. Burn 500 calories a day 7 days a week and that equals 3500 calories burned a week. Or you can burn 600 a day to reach 3600 for the week amd still have a day off. Or you can do 700 5 days and have to days off.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Here is my workout from last week!

Mon: 747 calories burned ( Tredmill, Bike & Circuit )
    Tues:752 calories burned (Tredmill Bike & Circuit)
    Wed:256 calories burned ( Turbo Jam )
    Thur:782 calories burned (Tredmill, Bike, Circuit, & Planks)
    Fri:652calories burned ( Tredmill & Bike)
    Sat:804 calories burned (22 mile bike ride)
    Sun:1516 calories burned (41 mile bike ride)

Total:5509
  • AngieOnTheBeach
    AngieOnTheBeach Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i go on the eliptical for an hour ->500 cals. If I do it every day I'll make it to 3500!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    just plain old jogging burns 100+ (more if you are heavier) calories for every 10 minutes. Even walk-jogging comes close. And if even jogging for 10 minutes is too much, you can break it into smaller segments - jogging for 2 minutes while you're waiting at the photocopier, reading your emails, to the mailbox, etc add up over the course of the day.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Here's an example of what I've done so far this week.My goal is 7000 calories which at this pace won't be a problem!

Goal-7000 calorie burned
    Saturday-2/12 - 1751calories burned -(31.1 mile bike ride) -http://connect.garmin.com/activity/67897717
    Sunday-2/13- 590 calories burned -(jogging)
    Monday-2/14-2002 calories burned (31,4 mile bike ride & 90 minutes of softball) -http://connect.garmin.com/activity/68340069
    Tuesday-2/15- 2181 calories burned -(31.1 mile bike ride -2 hours softball) -http://connect.garmin.com/activity/68475525
    Wednesday2/16- calories burned -(how they were burned)
    Thursday-2/17- calories burned -(how they were burned)
    Friday-2/18- calories burned -(how they were burned)

Total:6524
    Left To Goal:476

If you copy & paste the links after my bike rides on saturday.monday & tuesday you'll get a lot more detail on my rides!!
  • Giovanni_P
    Options
    I do between 90 and 120 minutes of moderate to heavy cardio a day. my everyday workout consist of 35 minutes on the elliptical using the fat burner workout routine, level 12. (at my gym all the elliptical and stationary bike machine levels are from 1 to 20)
    followed by 30 to 45 minutes of powerwalking around the track, at least 4 miles per hr. Next comes the stationary bike, for 30 minutes. I usually set the bike to level 8, and do the manual program maintaining at least 15 mph.
    Finally if i'm feeling it, I get on the treadmill for 30 minutes. i'll walk 2.5 mph with the incline turned all the way up to 15%.
    Today this work out was good for 1214 calories.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    W
    Running at a pace of 5 mph or more should yield close to 20 cals per minute depending on your weight. I run every AM for more than an hour at a 6.3 mph pace and I'm burning 1200 per hour. Add in 40 minutes of ISO for 500+ cals 3x a week and I'm just over 11,000 cals burned for the week. I usually don't have any trouble eating them back, either. If I don't eat them back, I stall on the W/L.

I agree. If I don't eat mmost of my exercise calories I tend to binge after a couple days,like my body is trying to catch up on missed calories. Itsweird because like today I see that I ate 2300 calories but I'm losing.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    it can be done, i dont make it every week b/c of school, this week i will be working over 4000 cals. It takes dedication & planning. I work at a hospital, long hallways, lots of walking, i use the gym on my lunch break, go to another gym on my days off religiously. It becomes a routine after awhile. :yawn:
  • eshyay
    eshyay Posts: 18
    Options
    3 times a week I do circuit training for about 90 minutes, this gets me close to 1000 calories burned. The other days I take it a little easy

Holy moly - I do circuit training on occasion and a single 45-minute class KILLS me!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I think the most I burned in a week was 3349.

M: TF Fire 45EZ + TF HIIT 20 + Stretch 10 (617)
    T: TF Fire 55EZ + Stretch 10 (636)
    W: TF Fire 45 + TF HIIT 20 + TF Stretch 10 (704)
    Th: Turbo Fire Fire 55EZ + Stretch 10, cleaning house for 90 minutes (743)
    F: rest
    Sa: running on treadmill + walking, Wii Boxing (356)
    Su: rest
  • PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 318
    Options
    I combine Chalean Extreme with cardio at the gym:

Mon: 5K run + CE Burn 1 [850 cals]
    Tue: Step class [550 cals]
    Wed: 5K run + CE Burn 2 [850 cals]
    Thu: Zumba + Step class [1100 cals]
    Fri: CE Burn 3 [400 cals]
    Sat: CE Intervals [550 cals]
    Sunday: Rest

That's about 4300/week. This is an extreme week though, I might drop a few sessions whenever I feel my body is too tired.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Cycling 5 days a week = 4000-6000 cals burned; best cals bang for your time in my opinion & easy on your joints.

Definitely the easiest way to burn lots of calories:drinker:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Cycling 5 days a week = 4000-6000 cals burned; best cals bang for your time in my opinion & easy on your joints.

I would like to bike, but I don't know the 1st thing about purchasing one.
  • loriefolk
    Options
    I burn 1,000 cals in 60 minutes on my elliptical :)

Burning 3500 cals in one week is not hard at all!
  • sweetasiam
    sweetasiam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hit the slopes! You would be surprised how many calories you burn on a good day of boarding/ skiing. It may be winter, but that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the outdoors.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I used to work out twice a week doing 2 - 1 hour spin classes and still lost 2 lbs a week. Moral of the story here is that your muscles keep burning fat long after you finish working out (depending on the exercise up to 38 hours). The harder the workout, the better this works.
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have an Eliptical machine from Sears, and if I set it for a resistance of 4, and work it for 60 minutes, it says I have burned 720 calories, give or take depending on how fast I go.

Normally I do (try to do) 40 mins a night on setting 4...that shows about 480 burned.

To hit 3500 a week, I'd have to do an hour, 5 nights a week. Not ready for that yet.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how much you weigh and how "in shape" you are. A 200 pound man will burn more calories in a minute then a 130 pound woman. When I weighed 150 lbs and was just starting out my 30 minute run was burning between 350-400 calories. Now that i'm down to 130 and in way better shape my heart rate doesn't get as high and i burn less calories...more like 220-250 per 30 min jogging. So, it all depends.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    This is one of those questions with a "DEPENDS" answer. It depends on what each person weighs!!

I weigh about 284lbs and I would only have to run 3.1 miles in about 33 minutes for 4.5 times a week to hit a burn of 3500 cals. Someone that only weighs 102 lbs might have to run what .... 3 maybe 4 *times* as much in single week to match me? So what you need to know is what someone *your size* has to do in a week to hit 3500.

AGREED!